|Job Title:||Programme Manager|
|Salary:||£52000 - £70000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Robyn Smith|
|Job Published:||July 17, 2019 11:52|
The Programme Manager will shape a collection of projects into a programme to deliver the greatest return on the investment for Thames Water (note that return may not be limited to financial return). The role will also define, manage and deliver a coherent set of business outcomes to realise this return, including whole programme responsibility for business change.
This role will shape projects and ensure delivery of project outcomes while identifying and managing dependencies within the programme and across the portfolio.
- Management of project teams and suppliers in order to ensure best possible outcome for Thames Water.
- Manage stakeholder relationships while ensuring stakeholders are well-informed and aligned to the programme.
- Use effective governance and control to ensure informed decision making and effective delivery.
- Clearly define, document and deliver against the programme vision.
- Support and manage the programme team, including project managers, to deliver milestones.
- Identify and secure the appropriate level and capability of resources required to deliver the programme.
- Potential line management of other investment managers and project managers in accordance with the Thames Water performance management framework and relevant HR policies.
- Define the required investment to deliver the programme.
- Track return on investment and maintain the business case to ensure it’s up to date.
- Manage the costs of the programme within the approved budget and tolerance levels, in accordance with Thames Water standards.
- Developing and managing programme plans.
- Delivering the projects within the programme in line with the approved business case.
- Identifying dependencies within the programme and across the portfolio.
- Actively managing and escalating risks and issues, including maintenance of the RAID register.
- You will be ideally be Prince2 or MSP Practitioner Qualified and have a good understanding of P30.
- Significant experience of managing large, complex business change programmes that include an IT component.
- Fully familiar with industry standard programme and project management techniques and their application in a real project environment.
- Identifies goals / objectives and motivates others towards their achievement.
- Experience of line and team management.
- Experience of applying standard project management frameworks (tools, techniques).
- People Management/Coaching/Development/Resourcing
- Knowledge and experience of Microsoft packages, including Project, Powerpoint, Word and Excel.
- Writes and presents documents which are compelling and unambiguous.
- Confidently conveys complex messages and information, concerning progress, problems and their solutions.
- Demonstrates the ability to engage and communicate persuasively with a broad range of stakeholders, up to and including board level.
You will join the rapidly growing Digital Delivery team where you will hold an ultimate accountability for the successful delivery of key projects within the programme and realisation of the business outcomes.
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, 26 days holiday per year increasing to 30 with length of service and a wider benefits scheme. This includes an annual pay review, season ticket loans, voucher scheme giving you money off in major retail outlets, loyalty awards for continuous service plus much more, including our refer-a-friend bonus, where you can receive up to £1,000 for helping someone get a permanent position within the company.
We’re also proud to be here for our local community around Reading, offering all of our teams two days paid volunteer leave a year, as well as proudly supporting a lot of local events and charities.
Thames Water is the largest water and waste-water services company in the UK. We provide the essential service at the heart of daily life, health and enjoyment to 15 million customers across London and the Thames Valley and we are going through a period of exciting change. On a typical day we supply 2.6 billion litres of top quality drinking water and our 350 sewage treatment works treat more than 4.2bn litres of waste-water. Our 85,000 miles of water mains and sewers would wrap around the world three-and-a-half times.
We are focusing like never before on delivering brilliant services and providing our customers with a great experience. We are in the process of transforming our business in order to achieve this. To help us succeed, we need a range of new skills and capabilities and will be recruiting for these in the coming months. We are on the lookout for talented people across our entire region who are interested in helping us to become the best water and waste-water company in the UK.
Thames Water is an equal opportunity, Disability Confident, and Stonewall diversity champion employer, welcoming applications from all walks of life to join our diverse team. We’re also leading the way with our award-winning mental health and wellbeing strategy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's