Come and join a friendly team and work in a stunning part of the country, where you can play an active part in changing patient's lives.
Location: Hay-on-Wye, Powys / Herefordshire
Working hours: 40 hours per week (rotating shifts AM & PM)
AM = Mon - Thur: 05:50 - 14:00 . Fri: 05:50 - 13:10
PM = Mon - Thur: 13:50 - 22:00. Fri: 13:00 - 20:20
Main purpose of the role:
To operate machinery and/or hand package pharmaceutical products as instructed whilst ensuring that Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP), regulatory and safety standards are met.
- Compliance with safety and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) requirements
- Work in a safe manner complying with safety, health and environmental standards in line with company procedures. Responsible to ensure compliance with the Health & Safety at Work Act (1974) and regulations made under that act which are relevant to site activities.
- Keep work areas clean and tidy at all times in line with Standard Operating Procedures and GMP standards.
- Spot potential hazards and report promptly to Line Leader or Manager.
- Read and follow the Batch Packaging Record on every works order.
- Ensure all procedures are followed correctly without exception.
- Report anything to your Line Leader/Manager that may impact the quality of a product.
- Comply with the 10 Basic Rules of Good Manufacturing Practice
- Ensure that documentation and In Process Checks (IPC’s) are completed to the required standards, contemporaneously.
- Carry out packaging operations as instructed and in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Batch Packaging Record (BPR) or Clinical Trials Method.
- Ensure that the job and documentation is carried out to right first time (RFT) principles and at the correct time.
- Assist with the setup of the packaging cubicle in preparation for packaging operations.
- Assist in the basic set up and running maintenance of the equipment, to Optimise Equipment efficiencies and hourly targets.
- To calibrate associated equipment as per written procedures and to record results.
- To carry out any other reasonable duty as requested by line manager
- Work with team members to identify, implement and drive actions for continuous improvement (CI).
- To assist in the training of other Production Operators.
Work experience & skills required:
- Must possess a positive working attitude
- Computer literate
- Quality orientated
- Good level of numeracy and literacy
- Ability to work well as part of team and verbally communicate with other workers
- Ability and willingness to perform manual work
- Keen to learn new skills
- Self-Motivated and reliable
- A high level of attention to detail
- Experience within a manufacturing role (desirable, not essential)