|Job Title:||Production Operatives|
|Salary:||£7.83 - £8.21 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Jade Walker|
|Job Published:||February 14, 2019 10:01|
Acorn is currently recruiting for Production Operatives on behalf of our client in the Lostwithiel area, for ongoing temporary assignments with the potential to lead to a permanent role.
Work will usually start as a short term opportunity, and potentially at short notice to cover sickness or holiday. If you get on well, then the work is likely to continue. So, ideally you will be able to accept shifts at short notice.
You will work either;
- 4 set days per week (specific days will depend on which department you work in), OR
- 4 on 4 off shift pattern
All shift are 12 hour shifts 6.00am-6.00pm / potentially some night shifts available 6.00pm - 6.00am.
Due to the location of the site and the shift times, your own transport is essential.
About the role:
The role will include tasks such as operating factory machinery, manufacturing and packing / loading dairy products, whilst following health and safety procedures at all times.
Depending on which area of the factory you work in, you may be working in cold temperatures in order to keep produce fresh.
- Work for a family company who believe their staff are what make the business great.
- Be part of a welcoming team.
- Potential for progression and training, for the right candidates.
- Full training and PPE provided.
- Regular team get-togethers, e.g. summer barbecues.
Successful applicants will:
- Ideally will have experience in food production, but not essential.
- Be positive, proactive and hardworking.
- Have the ability to work as part of a team.
- Be able to carry out repetitive tasks accurately and effectively.
- Able to carry out some manual work (although not usually heavy lifting).
- Be able to work shifts in a factory environment.
- You may be called upon to cover sickness / absences at short notice if required so ideally you be able to accept overtime at short notice.
How to apply:
Please apply to this advert with an up to date CV or call the Acorn Recruitment Truro office to discuss our current vacancies.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's