Production Manager (Catering Services)
|Job Title:||Production Manager (Catering Services)|
|Salary:||Up to £32,000 depending on experience|
|Start Date:||2019-04-16 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Katie Shaw|
|Job Published:||April 16, 2019 09:09|
We are currently looking to recruit an experienced Production Manager to oversee the delivery of the Catering Services production area, including leading and managing a large team to achieve budgetary and performance targets.
In this role, you’ll support the Food Service Operation Manager in ensuring a program of continuous service development is at the heart of all catering services, delivering services at all times in line with the monitoring processes, contractual service specifications and performance standards.
Sodexo Healthcare is a leading provider of services to the NHS and private healthcare organisations in England. We provide quality of life services that improve patient and staff experience, raise standards and deliver financial benefits to our clients. We help to enhance the patient environment (including patient dining, cleaning/housekeeping, retail services), provide clinical support (equipment sterilisation) and manage technical estates teams (estates management, asset management, land maintenance and energy management).Package description
As part of our commitment to improving the quality of life for our employees, Sodexo offers a Flexible Benefits Scheme, allowing you to tailor a reward package to suit your needs but includes a technology scheme, private dental insurance, travel insurance, gym membership, Gourmet card, private medical insurance and the ability to purchase or sell annual leave. We also have a Sodexo Discount scheme, which offers employees and their friends and family the opportunity to benefit from over 1,200 discounts from top retailers both online and in-store.
40 hours per week, flexibility is a mustMain responsibilities
- Drive curriculum and job-related training to ensure delivery and record completion is as required
- KRONOS payroll procedure to be managed in line with site exceptions targets, ensuring the accurate and timely payment of all staff. Where all payroll queries and errors are corrected within 1 week
- Maintain staffing levels in line with service requirements; liaising with Agency as necessary
- Establish good working relationships with service users - attend meetings and complete any remediation where necessary.
- Responsible for compliance checks as required – including electrical and equipment checks.
- Manage staff in line with the appropriate policies in relation to issues including conduct, performance, absence, grievance, fair treatment, pay progression, leave and all other HR policies
- Deliver all targets in line with financial and day to day business needs
- Ensure health and safety standards are understood and delivered across the whole Catering Services production area. This must include any agency staff and all employees from their first date working on site
- Contribute to all discussions regarding sharing ideas and best practice to improve site performance
- Ensure effective two-way communication to all levels of staff within area. This will include ensuring that team briefings take place and that Company and Trust objectives and values are communicated
- Liaise closely with third party contractors to ensure that a quality and value for money service is provided. Contract compliance and being accountable for delivering services to the contract and service specification in an efficient manner
- Strong operational background in Catering services inclusive of Health & Safety, Food Safety ideally with experience in Healthcare
- Proven experience of managing a diverse workforce within a service environment
- Experience of managing to budget requirements within a catering service
- Previous experience of working within a unionised environment
- Experienced in training and development of staff
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to further engage ex-forces personnel and reservists. Those applying for roles with us who meet the essential criteria advertised under the ‘ideal candidate’ on the vacancy advertised are guaranteed to progress within the selection process.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's