|Location||Gloucester, Gloucestershire||Job Type||Permanent|
|Salary||£38000 - £45000 per annum||Sector||Engineering|
Reporting directly to the Engineering Manager, the Production Manager will oversee all aspects of running the CNC shop in a busy manufacturing environment.
The key areas of responsibility are:
- Deciding on and subsequently controlling the appropriate manufacturing route or strategy for each order
- Shop floor production scheduling to meet delivery priorities, allowing for machine capabilities and resource
- Material, tooling and resource planning and control
- Direct supervision of a team of 15-20 skilled and semi-skilled engineers
- Achieving the best outcome when unforeseen incidents occur with machinery, tooling or fixturing.
- Monitoring quality to customer approval, resolving any issues that occur in-process.
Essential Experience / Qualities:
- Experienced in a fast-moving machining environment
- Thorough knowledge of CNC milling machinery, including:
. Speeds, feeds and milling strategies
. Tooling and fixturing
. Direct operation
. Good hand-to-eye coordination and dexterity
- Good working knowledge of tooling used in support of metal finishing
- Thorough understanding of quality systems in an ISO-controlled machine shop
- Production engineering, work handling and storage systems
Omega Resource Group Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.