|Job Title:||Production Engineer|
|Salary:||£33000 - £35000 per annum|
|Start Date:||2019-08-05 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Steve Newey|
|Job Published:||July 19, 2019 10:32|
My client are a Walsall based manufacturer of control gear products who are looking for an experienced Production Engineer who has specialised in small component assembly to provide support to their manufacturing team and to work with the Quality Assurance & Design Engineering teams.
The ideal candidate will have experience in the design of work handling jigs and fixtures with knowledge of best practices in assembly. 3D CAD capability would also be an advantage.
• Support the implementation of new products into manufacturing, attending design and risk analysis reviews;
• Support assembly operatives to identify quickly the root cause to an assembly issue and contact the relevant team to action and rectify;
• Implement work handling jigs and fixtures and be aware of routine maintenance;
• Liaise with other departments to formulate objectives and implement best practices;
• Working with the rest of the supervisory team to suggest and implement ideas for improvement including production methods design and productivity gains;
• Ensure smooth running of all production and quality of output;
• Ensure all processes conform to the Quality Control Assurance protocols;
• Demonstrate a high degree of focus and shop floor presence across the factory;
• Inspire a "Safety First" mentality throughout the factory;
• Suggest changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency;
• Proven experience of manufacturing re-design including application of LEAN manufacturing techniques.
• Technical apprenticeship served;
• At least 10 years' experience of working in a small component assembly manufacturing environment;
• An organised approach to work with good time management skills and hands on approach;
• Knowledge of continuous improvement methodologies would be desirable;
• Strong communicator who can adapt their style to suit various environments;
• Computer literate and experience of mainframe production scheduling systems and spreadsheets;
• An understanding of engineered applications with the ability to generate and read drawings.
Working hours are 38 hours per week 7.45-16.30 Mon-Thurs & 7.45-13.00 Fri. Salary will range from £33-35k dependent upon experience.
Please click apply to submit your details or email your CV directly to steve.newey@Pertemps.co.uk alternatively call 0121 500 5161
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£30000 - £40000 per annum
£35000 - £38000 per annum
Production Engineer Manager
Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
£45000 - £50000 per annum
Production Planning Engineer
£25000 - £30000 per annum
Production Engineer Support
£25000 - £30000 per annum