Product Technical Designer
|Job Title:||Product Technical Designer|
|Start Date:||January 2019|
|Contact Name:||Kristy Moore|
|Job Published:||December 31, 2018 11:44|
Purpose of role:
* To produce technical drawings and designs in line with the company philosophy of practicality and cost effectiveness.
* To produce manufacturing drawings to a standard acceptable to contractors and suppliers within agreed time programme.
* Report at least weekly to the Design Studio Manager during the design studio meeting to plan workload.
* To effectively design and produce accurate and detailed drawings with clear information at all times to agreed programme with Design Studio Manager and in accordance with design studio procedure handbook.
* To develop a brief with the client where applicable, and confirm this brief in writing and forward to the client. The account holder may carry this out also.
* Where necessary, make site visit as a pre-requisite to the design and carry out detailed measurement / equipment survey works.
* To be aware of design issues through manufacturing and to be responsible for developing and delivering prototypes to a high standard to meet with a specified design brief.
* To liaise with the buying department during process, but manage prototype process.
* With multiple customers, absorb feedback and implement required changes on future projects. These changes should be reflected in the revised brief and issued.
* To liaise with project management / buying in order to maintain a practical and cost effective equipment design.
* To produce technical drawing packages up to the standard of the company and of sufficient detail to convey all points of the design to the client, supplier and / or manufacturer. This should also include presentation to the client.
* To utilise the company's 2D and 3D CAD software, to the best of its capabilities.
* To maintain CAD and associated files on the internal systems and carry out housekeeping on a weekly basis. To adhere to company procedure for creating, superseding and maintaining digital files.
* To make and keep commitments when asked to do so and work with other members of staff in a positive and progressive way.
* To meet with suppliers, maintain their information in the design studio library, and ensure that all relevant information is retained for access for all members of the studio.
* To ensure that the drawing register and issue sheets are maintained at all times.
* To be responsible for the upkeep of design office consumables.
* To be aware of and ensure that equipment designs produced satisfy the Health and Safety and CDM 2007 regulations / British Standards and their effect on the designed environment.
* To assist / support other designers on all projects.
* To save down and print as required by the internal teams the drawings sent through to the design studio.
* Design qualification and / or experience.
* Minimum 3 years including manufacturing techniques, products and technical drawing experience.
* 5 GCSE grades C / 4 O Levels equivalent, including English.
* 3 years familiarity with Microsoft packages also CAD packages inc. AutoCAD 2D and 3D.
* Ability to read, critique and produce technical manufacturing drawings.
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's