Product Support Scientist
- Job Reference: 00019111-1
- Date Posted: 12 September 2020
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Alva, Clackmannanshire
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Healthcare & Medical, Science & Technology, Covid-19
- Job Type: Permanent
Product Support Scientist
Location: Alva, Clackmannanshire - FK12 5DQ
Salary: £20,000-£22,500 DOE
Contract: Permanent, Full time
Hours: Mon-Thurs 8.30-5pm, Fri (phone number removed)pm
Omega Diagnostics Ltd. are a UK based healthcare company headquartered in Alva near Stirling in Scotland and founded in 1987. We employ approximately 140 staff between two sites in Alva and Littleport, Cambridgeshire.
We develop and manufacture a range of immunodiagnostic products. Our mission is to improve human health and well-being through innovative diagnostic tests and global partnerships. We are significantly expanding our scientific team on both UK sites for the production of Covid-19 tests.
To conduct experiments and analyse data for the support of on-market products.
• Planning and carrying out experimental work according to a Quality Management Systems approach (ISO 9001) and Design and Change Control principles (ISO 13485)
• Complete, analyse and write-up experiments accurately using approved formats.
• Presentation of data to senior management, peers, staff and customers
• Trouble-shooting on-market product issues.
• Drafting required documentation and procedures (standard operating procedures, protocols, reports)
• Liaise with manufacturing / operations to transfer product improvements into manufacturing
• Perform routine equipment maintenance
• Carry out all duties and responsibilities to the company standard within the timescales required
• Maintain compliance with Health & Safety policies and procedures
• Maintain compliance with QMS policies and procedures
• Perform any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as required
• Customer Focus: customer satisfaction is not a department, everyone is responsible; listening to customers drives improvement
• Accountability: ask “what more can I do?”; takes ownership
• Collaboration: actively support your colleagues; be clear in communication; celebrate success and have fun together
• Respect: treat others as we would wish to be treated; respect the environment we work and live in
• Honesty: aspire to be open and transparent; take pride in building trust between ourselves and others
Knowledge & Skills & Experience:
• Degree in a related subject
• Knowledge of design change control processes
• Knowledge of GMP and GLP
• Good knowledge of the scientific method
• Strong analytical / problem solving skills and demonstrable experimental design skills
• Excellent hands-on laboratory skills, good experimentalist
• Strong technical background
• Ability to work with Microsoft excel and word programs
• Experience of working within a Quality Management Systems approach (ISO 9001)
• Experience of working to GMP and GLP requirements
• Experience in change control
• Experience working with lateral flow diagnostic tests
• Experience working with automated testing platforms
• Knowledge and experience of electronic document control systems
• Knowledge of requirements for process and equipment validation
• Knowledge of risk assessment processes / techniques
Personal Qualities & Core values:
• Able to work independently with minimal supervision
• Works well as part of a team
• Effective communication skills across all levels of the organisation
• Good organisational skills
• Positive and enthusiastic attitude
Due to the volume of applications we are unable to respond to all applications. If you do not hear from us in four weeks please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.
If you feel you have the necessary skills and experience to be successful in this role click on “APPLY” today, forwarding an up to date copy of your CV for consideration in the first instance.
No agencies please