|Salary||£45000 - £50000 per annum||Sector||Manufacturing & Industrial|
You will be joining a company who is committed to research and development within their manufacturing facility, offering their customers sustainable, reliable technology in their product lines. Working as a key part of both the Engineering and Operations Teams, with reporting lines to the
Technical Sales & Development Manager and Director of Operations, you will ensure the existing product portfolio continues to meet regulatory standards and approvals, that new product developments are designed for compliance, and the overall quality of products released by the company meets the customer needs.
DUTIES AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
• Generate and maintain technical control files and declaration of conformity documents on new product development activity and for existing product ranges.
• Monitor and report on new and updated regulations and standards and their impacts on the company's products.
• Perform, and/or manage third parties conducting compliance testing on new development and existing products.
• Where required investigate global compliance market requirements, identify and investigate areas of unknown legislation, consult with specialists and provide guidance on best route to conformity to the business.
• Liaise with the Director of Global Compliance and other brands within the organisation on project progress and contribute to overcoming challenges
• Perform compliance assessments and provide compliance guidance on PCTO projects.
• Interact with the supply chain and suppliers to source necessary compliance information for technical files.
• Ensure product installation manuals contain all relevant compliance and safety information pertaining to the product is incorporated.
• Conduct and document DFMEA's and FMEA's with the Engineering team/Design Engineers as required on new developments.
• Ensuring compliance to external manufacturing regulatory bodies, NSF, UL, TUV, CSA, etc. Subject to external independent audits
• Manage the team of Quality Staff at Halesowen ensuring daily tasks and activities are completed and quality statistics provided for production & supplier improvement.
• Provide and maintain with manufacturing Operations colleagues, systems, procedures and processes that drive the quality of the Halesowen manufacture product to the highest levels.
• Conduct and manage process and product audits, compile reports and communicate results to drive improvement
• Where appropriate and if circumstances demand coordinate the activities to correct any issues that occur inside or outside the company that affect customer satisfaction with our products.
• Manage and lead the quality & nominated production teams in route cause analysis for customer quality concerns ensuring no repeat concerns occur.
• Ensure all existing and new systems comply with ISO and other accreditation body requirements.
• Warranty analysis and driving warranty improvement
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
• Experience in CE certification (testing requirements, process and procedures):
- Machinery directive - safety standards EN60335 are applied.
- EMC directive
- RED directive
- ROHS directive
- REACH directive
• Testing to IEC, CB, UL & NSF standards for sale into international markets
• Knowledge of additional EU legislation applicable:
- Food safety legislation in contact with food
- Water regulations e.g. WRAS, DVGW, ACS
- Experience in conducting DFMEA's and FMEA's
- Experience of working with reliable third-party test facilities
- Quality Control (QC), Quality Assurance (QA)
- Quality Standard ISO9001:2015
• Qualification or equivalent experience in;
- Electrical Engineering
- And/or Mechanical Engineering
- And/or Other Technical discipline
- Quality Control and Assurance
EXPERIENCE/TRAINING - DESIRABLE
• Product Lifecycle Management (PLM)
• Project Management
• F gas legislation
Please click apply to submit your details or send your CV directly to email@example.com