Product CAD Technical Designer
|Job Title:||Product CAD Technical Designer|
|Start Date:||December 2018|
|Contact Name:||Kristy Moore|
|Job Published:||December 18, 2018 10:18|
Purpose of role:
* To produce technical drawings and designs from visuals sent
* To produce manufacturing drawings to a standard acceptable to contractors and suppliers Key activities:
* To effectively design and produce accurate and detailed drawings with clear information at all times to agreed programme.
* To develop a brief with the client where applicable, and confirm this brief in writing and forward to the client. The account holder may carry this out also.
* Where necessary, make site visit as a pre-requisite to the design and carry out detailed measurement / equipment survey works.
* To be aware of design issues through manufacturing and to be responsible for developing and delivering prototypes to a high standard to meet with a specified design brief.
* Taking designs into manufacturing stages through to production.
Within this role, you will have the capability and experience to design all parameters, around the walls, cash desk areas, cafés, barbers, seating areas, waiting areas, fitting rooms for various retail establishments.
* You will need excellent 2D and 3D CAD experience
* Meet with suppliers, ensure that all relevant information is retained.
* To ensure that the drawing register and issue sheets are maintained at all times.
* To assist / support other designers on all projects.
* Design qualification and / or experience.
* Minimum 3 years including manufacturing techniques, products and technical drawing experience.
* 3 years familiarity with Microsoft packages also CAD packages inc. AutoCAD 2D and 3D.
* Ability to read, critique and produce technical manufacturing drawings.
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's