- Job Reference: 00006942-1
- Date Posted: 16 May 2020
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Royal Leamington Spa, Warwickshire
- Salary: £300 to £350 Per Day
- Sector: Construction, Trades & Services, Covid-19
- Job Type: Contract
The UK’s largest infrastructure project undoubtedly throws up some major ecological challenges which must be mitigated to ensure the successful delivery of HS2. This can range from river restorations, river re-alignments, woodland relocation, floodplain reconnections, habitat creation and fish passes.
My client is a rapidly expanding environmental construction company with a vast amount of experience in all aspects of environmental consulting and management works. This client has a large amount of work with HS2 to help them successfully manage the environmental impact of the project.
The Role – Procurement Manager
As Procurement Manager you will be responsible for planning and delivering all procurement activity to support the effective project performance in the Midlands. The Procurement spend in this financial year is projected to be in excess of £5 million. You will be required to review and develop processes to deliver optimal procurement performance that is compliant with company and industry requirements, whilst ensuring that procurement is undertaken in the most cost-effective manner by collating the material and services demand forecast.
You will work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders, to ensure site requirements are met by planned and controlled means. The ideal candidate will have experience running and developing a team who will work with you to make sure key measures are met.
* To plan and manage all procurement activities on HS2 projects in the Midlands.
* To put in place and manage a procurement strategy for the project.
* To conduct robust supplier selection and reviews
* To manage supplier contracts and terms.
* To effectively report on performance to commercial and finance teams.
* To collate and manage financial information for the NEC3 application for payment process and internal financial processes.
* To manage and coach procurement team members
Essential skills required
a) Professional Experience and Academic Background
* Degree level education or equivalent
* Chartered status (or working towards) in the Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply
* Demonstrable experience in successfully leading a procurement function and team
* Highly developed analytical, negotiating and influencing skills
* Proven ability to think and lead strategically, plan effectively, set priorities, meet deadlines, and make decisions whilst paying attention to detail and quality
* Ability to build strong professional relationships
* Highly numerate
* Ability to work flexibly to accommodate changing demands and priorities
* £300 - £350 (ltd/PAYE umbrella) per day depending on experience
* Immediate start
* 6 month contract
How to Apply
Do not hesitate to get in touch, our client is actively recruiting for this role and needs someone in position ASAP. Please submit your CV without delay!
The current situation we all find ourselves in is extremely unprecedented and information is changing daily. The Cabinet Office has confirmed that construction in England can continue as long as it can be done safely and in accordance with the Public Health England guidance. The client has specific actions to address the risk on site, however, they do feel that if you live with someone classed as a vulnerable person by the government it would not be suitable for you to work on site unless you would be willing to isolate away from home for the duration. The government are also advising those who are at an increased risk of severe illness from coronavirus to be particularly stringent in following social distancing measures. The health, safety and wellbeing of our client’s employees, contractors, suppliers and all public is of paramount importance; government advice will be followed at all times to ensure this. Please bare the above in mind when applying