|Salary||Competitive (depending on experience)||Sector||Miscellaneous|
Salary: Competitive (Depending on experience)
Location: Gloucestershire (Cheltenham & Tewkesbury)
We are currently recruiting for an exciting new role within this highly prestigious client, seeking an influencing, practical negotiator and supplier focused Procurement Manager on a FTC basis to support and improve current processes in place to ensure the business’s continued growth and success.
This is a pivotal role for the business, it involves negotiation with current and new suppliers, improvement on current procurement process, providing added value procurement and contract management knowledge, expertise and service in meeting supply requirements in terms of standards, cost, service and supply chain risk management.
Responsibilities will include:
• Analysis of procurement process and design of strategies to generate cost reduction improvements.
• Establish clear KPI’s and SLA’s, in line with business requirements, and manage supplier performance against these within a culture of continuous improvement.
• Building relationships and managing stakeholders and suppliers.
• Develop alternative cost-effective sourcing strategies to include innovative approaches on purchasing and sourcing of materials.
• Supplier contract negotiation, drafting and management of tendering processes- evaluating contracts, recommending suppliers and closing suppliers.
• Creating and presenting reports and presentations.
The ideal Candidate:
• Previous experience within a procurement environment, preferably within FM, Electrical, Engineering or Mechanical sector. Most of total spent will be focused on HARD FM .
• Hands-on, full cycle, procurement experience.
• Appropriate technical procurement skills covering Procurement Process Management, Supply Base Analysis, Supply Chain Analysis, Market Knowledge, Negotiation, Contract Management, Supplier Relationship Management and Risk Management.
• Being innovative and motivated in your approach to complete procurement activities and meet KPI’s.
• Experienced negotiator, with excellent influencing skills and ability to think on feet and make decisions under pressure.
• Must be confident in challenging others, whilst at the same time maintaining and building a professional relationship.
• Strong commercial acumen, advanced knowledge of contract law, good financial management and proven communication skills (both verbal and written).
• Experience in collecting and analysing data, identify cost reducing ideas.
• Prepared to travel throughout the Region and Nationwide.
This is an exciting opportunity by working alongside a company who provide endless possibilities for personal development and growth.
If you feel you fit the above criteria, or just want to know more, don’t miss out. For more information on this role, please contact Ana Badescu at Procurement People on 0121 272 8260.