|Job Title:||Procurement Manager|
|Salary:||£38000 - £42000 per annum|
|Start Date:||2019-02-04 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Kirsty McEwen|
|Job Published:||February 05, 2019 11:03|
£38,000 - £42,000
Are you the Sherlock Holmes of your category – able to identify key areas to add value to a business?
Do you understand the needs of Consumables and Indirect procurement spend and want the opportunity to bring value to an international retailer? Do you want to make the next step in your career by working for a major brand?
We are working alongside a household name to find a Procurement Manager to cover their brand new Consumables Category. You will be opening the category and creating the strategy, which will involve data mining and identifying new suppliers and saving opportunities. You will be working closely alongside the Senior Procurement Manager assisting in the delivery of this household brand's procurement strategy and drive value at every possible opportunity.
You will be:
• Monitor procurement activity and support aligned business area to ensure that all procurement processes and procedures are implemented
• Implement global procurement strategies ensuring effective supply of goods and services whilst delivering the best commercial approach
• Support the delivery of key contracts, tenders and quotations for allocated spend areas to ensure that the needs of the business are met in terms of quality of services, price and value
• Carry out continuous risk and contract reviews, identifying areas of weaknesses and make recommendations for actions taken to ensure Clarks' exposure to supply risk is minimised
• Manage day to day supplier relationships, liaising with the business and supplier to actively manage the relationship and ensure progress contracts, quotation and other activity
• Complete purchase records and so they are maintained to provide accurate accounting of all purchased goods and services
• Supporting procurement team with administrative procurement activity.
You will have:
• Great commercial acumen and a creative mindset
• Experience with opening a category preferably within consumables or an indirect category
• Strong stakeholder management skills
• Great communication skills
• Experience of supplier relationship management
• End to end procurement experience
• The ability to spot opportunities in a category to add value
• Able to manage and mitigate risk
• A highly analytical mindset
In return, you will receive a salary of £38,000 - £42,000 + additional benefits
If this role sounds of interest, don't miss out. Apply with your CV today or contact Kirsty at Procurement People.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's