|Job Title:||Process Technician|
|Salary:||£21000 - £28242 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Robyn Smith|
|Job Published:||September 16, 2019 13:04|
The purpose of this site-based process technician role is to ensure sewage is treated effectively and efficiently, protecting our river and our local environment. You will gain experience in both sewage and sludge treatment processes, monitoring these streams daily to ensure they produce excellent quality river-water and generate renewable energy.
This process technician role will involve but not be limited to:
- Sampling and monitoring both the sewage and the sludge treatment process.
- Recording and analysing data to identify positive and negative process trends.
- Reacting to equipment failure and diagnosing faults.
- Carrying out planned maintenance activities on plant and equipment.
- Assisting maintenance technicians with repairing and replacing plant.
- Completing planned jobs that are associated with the health and safety of employees working on site.
- Attending health and safety training and process-related technical courses.
- Engaging in ‘huddles’ and team meetings, suggesting improvements to safe working practices and general process efficiency.
- Ideal applicants will have a process background in an industrial or similar setting.
- We are looking for someone who wants to get stuck in and hands on.
- You must be very self-motivated and be able to work well alone and as a team.
- You will have good literacy and numeracy skills and must be prepared to be trained in safety procedures.
- Computer data input and enquiry experience is desirable as is knowledge of water treatment processes.
- Experience diagnosing basic mechanical and instrumentational issues is also desirable.
- Due to the nature of the role a full, valid UK driving licence is required.
You will be part of a skilled & enthusiastic team, who rely on working together and utilising each other’s skillsets to get the job done correctly and safely.
You will gain experience on a wide range of plant and equipment from screening units to pumping stations and learn techniques, both old and innovative, for treating sewage.
This role boasts about its great, family feel team where you will never be short of support.
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, 24 days holiday per year increasing to 28 with length of service and a wider benefits scheme. This includes an annual pay review, season ticket loans, voucher scheme giving you money off in major retail outlets, loyalty awards for continuous service plus much more, including our refer-a-friend bonus, where you can receive up to £1,000 for helping someone get a permanent position within the company.
We’re also proud to be here for our local community around Oxfordshire offering all of our teams two days paid volunteer leave a year, as well as proudly supporting a lot of local events and charities.
Thames Water is the UK’s largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to millions of customers by supplying 2.7 billion litres of world-class water to around 10 million homes.
As our world changes, the need to take care of our most precious resource is greater than ever, both locally and globally. That’s why, at Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open. We’re passionate about providing world-class tap water, now and for the future.
We’re also turning poo into power, self-generating 20% of the energy we use and, in turn, doing our bit for the planet. We’re reducing plastic waste by celebrating our tap water and rolling out an ambitious water fountain project. We’re using our voice to lobby for change and partnering with WaterAid to provide clean water to the world’s poorest communities. Together, we’re building a better future for our customers, our region and our planet.
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding and diverse place to work. If you join our team, you’ll enjoy fast-tracked career opportunities, flexible working arrangements and unparalleled benefits. We’re also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader, welcoming individuals from all walks of life and leading the way with an award-winning mental health and wellbeing strategy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's