|Salary||£20400 - £27600 per annum||Sector||Engineering|
The role of the process technician is to perform a range of activities to ensure that all equipment associated with our water treatment works is running safely and efficiently and to assist the technicians with their technical duties. Responsibilities include cleaning mechanical equipment, water quality sample testing, routine site and equipment checks, maintenance and problem solving.
This role will involve, but not be limited to:
- Monitoring and inspecting equipment, following a checklist to carry out planned preventative maintenance, ensuring equipment / generators / telemetry are operating correctly.
- Reporting any defective equipment, to ensure a swift resolution following any breakdowns.
- Highlighting, and resolving where possible, any health and safety risks on site.
- Taking ownership of your own, and colleagues, health and safety through escalating any concerns to your manager and resolving them yourself where possible.
- Making sure work area is safe before commencing any work by undertaking a point of work risk assessment using your PDA device.
- Having an awareness of budget position and how unplanned events can impact on the budget (e.g. tanker/plant/pump hire, etc.)
- Working at other sites covering holiday / sickness / extra workload as and when required.
- Liaising with the planning and scheduling team to ensure your work load is managed correctly.
- Using a PDA device to record work orders being completed.
- Attending all team meetings, engaging with safety briefings and company communications, identifying issues and raising constructive feedback with the management team, with suggestions for improvements.
- Similar experience working in an outside, manual role.
- We are looking for someone who wants to get stuck in and hands on.
- You will have good literacy and numeracy skills and must be prepared to be trained in safety procedures.
- Computer data input /enquiry experience is desirable as is knowledge of water treatment processes.
- You must be very self-motivated and be able to work well alone and as a team.
- Experience diagnosing basic mechanical and instrumentational issues is also desirable.
- Due to the nature of the role a full, valid UK driving licence is required, and preferably an HGV licence.
- Working outside with no one day being the same provides a very interesting working environment.
- This role boasts about its great, family feel team where you will never be short of support.
- You will receive full training for health and safety, technical and processes related to the plant.
- An excellent opportunity to start your career in the water industry and with great progression prospects.
We’re also proud to be here for our local community, offering all of our teams two days paid volunteer leave a year, as well as proudly supporting a lot of local events and charities.
Thames Water is the largest water and waste-water services company in the UK. We provide the essential service at the heart of daily life, health and enjoyment to 15 million customers across London and the Thames Valley and we are going through a period of exciting change. On a typical day we supply 2.6 billion litres of top quality drinking water and our 350 sewage treatment works treat more than 4.2bn litres of waste-water. Our 85,000 miles of water mains and sewers would wrap around the world three-and-a-half times.
We are focusing like never before on delivering brilliant services and providing our customers with a great experience. We are in the process of transforming our business in order to achieve this. To help us succeed, we need a range of new skills and capabilities and will be recruiting for these in the coming months. We are on the lookout for talented people across our entire region who are interested in helping us to become the best water and waste-water company in the UK.
Thames Water is an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader, welcoming applications from all walks of life to join our diverse team. We’re also leading the way with our award-winning mental health and wellbeing strategy.