|Job Title:||Process Technician|
|Salary:||£20400 - £27600 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Robyn Smith|
|Job Published:||July 25, 2019 09:13|
The purpose of this role is to perform a range of assigned front line activities including operation, sampling, testing, routine checks, maintenance and problem solving to ensure that services are delivered to time, cost and quality standards.
In some cases, this may include planned and preventative maintenance of equipment to support the operation of the plant. The role also includes daily sampling duties to ensure our effluent quality and process data meet the required standards.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Operation of plant and equipment.
- Cleaning, basic maintenance and fault-finding.
- Monitoring, collating and reporting of data to ensure statutory and regulatory compliance is met.
- Undertake safety and security checks.
- If qualified, this may include the planned and preventative maintenance of equipment to support the operation of the plant.
- Take personal responsibility for health and safety of self and colleagues.
- Sampling duties, including basic laboratory work, to ensure effluent quality is within acceptable parameters.
- The ideal candidate will have previous process or engineering experience within a relevant industrial environment.
- Basic literacy and numeracy required.
- Completion of (or be willing to work towards) NVQ level 2 units or equivalent experience would be an advantage.
- Computer data input /enquiry experience is desirable.
- Please note: You must be prepared to be trained in safety procedures including Confined Space Entry.
- Full UK driving licence essential, HGV licence desirable.
Working across the whole site or a range of sites in a very interesting environment, with no one day being the same, this varied role boasts about its great family feel team where you will never be short of support. You will receive competitive benefits as well as full training for health and safety, technical and processes related to the plant. This is a perfect development opportunity to gain further insight into the Water industry and our ever evolving organisation.
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, 24 days holiday per year increasing to 30 with length of service and a wider benefits scheme. This includes an annual pay review, season ticket loans, voucher scheme giving you money off in major retail outlets, loyalty awards for continuous service plus much more, including our refer-a-friend bonus, where you can receive up to £1,000 for helping someone get a permanent position within the company.
We’re also proud to be here for our local community, offering all of our teams two days paid volunteer leave a year, as well as proudly supporting a lot of local events and charities.
Please note interview date will be 8th August.
Thames Water is the largest water and waste-water services company in the UK. We provide the essential service at the heart of daily life, health and enjoyment to 15 million customers across London and the Thames Valley and we are going through a period of exciting change. On a typical day we supply 2.6 billion litres of top quality drinking water and our 350 sewage treatment works treat more than 4.2bn litres of waste-water. Our 85,000 miles of water mains and sewers would wrap around the world three-and-a-half times.
We are focusing like never before on delivering brilliant services and providing our customers with a great experience. We are in the process of transforming our business in order to achieve this. To help us succeed, we need a range of new skills and capabilities and will be recruiting for these in the coming months. We are on the lookout for talented people across our entire region who are interested in helping us to become the best water and waste-water company in the UK.
Thames Water is an equal opportunity, Disability Confident, and Stonewall diversity champion employer, welcoming applications from all walks of life to join our diverse team. We’re also leading the way with our award-winning mental health and wellbeing strategy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's