|Salary||£27115 - £36685 per annum||Sector||Engineering|
The process operator supports the Specialist Process Controller in ensuring the overall operation of the incineration plant. Work as part of a team to perform a range of assigned activities including operation, testing, routine checks, first line maintenance and problem solving to ensure that services are delivered to time, cost and quality standards. This may involve using specialist electrical and mechanical.
- To assist the Specialist Process Controller to ensure the continuous operation of the plant and equipment.
- First line maintenance and process fault-finding.
- Monitoring, collating and reporting of data to ensure statutory and regulatory compliance is met and the works meet regulatory quality standards and customer demand.
- Undertake safety and security checks.
- Take responsibility for own health and safety and that of colleagues.
- Process monitoring by visual inspection, sample gathering and on-line monitor checking.
- A minimum of GCSE level Maths and English or equivalent
- Completion of NVQ level 2 units or equivalent experience
- Technical C&G or HNC desirable
- Boiler Operation and turbine/generator experience
- Must be prepared to be trained in safety procedures including Confined Space Entry
- Experience in a relevant industry and with experience of helping to manage or control the appropriate processes
- Technical expertise and responsibility may require additional qualifications
- Good practical experience of the specialist process gained in a related role
- Valid driving licence
- Fully competent at using the appropriate Company IT systems and Office software
- Previous experience of SCADA systems would be an advantage
Working across the whole site or a range of sites in a very interesting environment, with no one day being the same, this varied role boasts about its great family feel team where you will never be short of support. You will receive competitive benefits as well as full training for health & safety, technical and processes related to the plant.
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, 24 days holiday per year increasing to 28 with length of service and a wider benefits scheme. This includes an annual pay review, season ticket loans, voucher scheme giving you money off in major retail outlets, loyalty awards for continuous service plus much more, including our refer-a-friend bonus, where you can receive up to £1,000 for helping someone get a permanent position within the company.
We’re also proud to be here for our local community, offering all of our teams two days paid volunteer leave a year, as well as proudly supporting a lot of local events and charities.
Thames Water is the UK’s largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to millions of customers by supplying 2.7 billion litres of world-class water to around 10 million homes.
As our world changes, the need to take care of our most precious resource is greater than ever, both locally and globally. That’s why, at Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open. We’re passionate about providing world-class tap water, now and for the future.
We’re also turning poo into power, self-generating 20% of the energy we use and, in turn, doing our bit for the planet. We’re reducing plastic waste by celebrating our tap water and rolling out an ambitious water fountain project. We’re using our voice to lobby for change and partnering with WaterAid to provide clean water to the world’s poorest communities.
Together, we’re building a better future for our customers, our region and our planet.
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding and diverse place to work. If you join our team, you’ll enjoy fast-tracked career opportunities, flexible working arrangements and unparalleled benefits. We’re also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader, welcoming individuals from all walks of life and leading the way with an award-winning mental health and wellbeing strategy.