|Salary||Up to £42,000 depending on skills and experience||Sector||Miscellaneous|
To design and implement process and system change initiatives across Finance.
The role will play a key part in ensuring our financial processes are optimised from an efficiency and effectiveness perspective.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Supporting and / or leading process and system change projects / initiatives that improve finance controls, increase efficiency, provide robust & accurate data for insights & reduce transactional processing costs across Finance.
- Providing training collateral and support to enable Finance team members to adopt process change effectively.
- Representing Finance on company-wide process change / IT projects ensuring that our interests are adequately considered.
- Group Financial Controller
- Functional FDs
- Head of Financial Efficiency & Change
- Local finance teams
- Process excellence and change expertise, with previous experience developing and implementing finance process changes in medium-large sized enterprises.
- Qualified in Lean / Six sigma / lean / other process improvement methodologies.
- Experience of SAP and other financial systems, including implementation, upgrades and improvements.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills.
- Project management skills.
- Process excellence expertise and experience.
- SAP experience, including implementation.
- Accountancy knowledge – degree / partially trained.
There will be opportunities for you to be promoted within the business after 2 years into a more senior role due to the size and demands of the company
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, 26 days holiday per year and a wider benefits scheme. This includes an annual pay review, season ticket loans, voucher scheme giving you money off in major retail outlets, loyalty awards for continuous service plus much more, including our refer-a-friend bonus, where you can receive up to £1,000 for helping someone get a permanent position within the company.
We’re also proud to be here for our local community, offering all of our teams two days paid volunteer leave a year, as well as proudly supporting a lot of local events and charities.
Thames Water is the largest water and waste-water services company in the UK. We provide the essential service at the heart of daily life, health and enjoyment to 15 million customers across London and the Thames Valley and we are going through a period of exciting change. On a typical day we supply 2.6 billion litres of top quality drinking water and our 350 sewage treatment works treat more than 4.2bn litres of waste-water. Our 85,000 miles of water mains and sewers would wrap around the world three-and-a-half times.
We are focusing like never before on delivering brilliant services and providing our customers with a great experience. We are in the process of transforming our business in order to achieve this. To help us succeed, we need a range of new skills and capabilities and will be recruiting for these in the coming months. We are on the lookout for talented people across our entire region who are interested in helping us to become the best water and waste-water company in the UK.#
Thames Water is an equal opportunity, Disability Confident, and Stonewall diversity champion employer, welcoming applications from all walks of life to join our diverse team. We’re also leading the way with our award-winning mental health and wellbeing strategy.