|Salary||Band 3 salary commencing at £23,039 per annum||Sector||Government & Public Sector|
Are you interested in working directly with service users? Are you interested in playing an important part in changing lives for a safer Cumbria & Lancashire?
Cumbria & Lancashire CRC are currently recruiting for a Probation Service Officer (band 3) based at HMP Kirkham to deliver a high quality and effective Through The Gate service to increase the likelihood of successful resettlement into the community on release from custody thereby reducing the likelihood of reoffending and/or recall to custody.
If you want to join an innovative, creative and high performing organisation, we offer challenging and rewarding roles and the opportunity to make a positive contribution to reducing reoffending in Cumbria & Lancashire. We offer excellent opportunities for personal and professional development and are committed to supportive induction, appraisal and supervision.Package description
Salary £23,039 per annum
27 days holiday + 8 bank holidays, defined contribution pension scheme, company sick pay, group discount scheme.
There is an expectation that operational staff work some evenings and weekends to enable service users to be supervised without jeopardising their employment.
37 hours per week based at HMP KirkhamMain responsibilities
- Undertake comprehensive assessment of prisoner resettlement needs
- Motivate service users to engage with appropriate interventions in custody to assist individuals to achieve their resettlement objectives and goals
- Identify barriers to engagement and support individuals to address these
- Develop, coordinate and deliver comprehensive resettlement plans
- To deliver interventions on either a 1:1 or group work basis to address resettlement needs
- Review progress against resettlement plan objectives
- Communicate in a timely and effective way with home Responsible Officers, Operational Partners and internal Prison Departments to enable a fully joined up Though The Gate (TTG) Service.
- Record and share information and actions (on approved systems).
- Comply with standards or procedures as detailed in the Prison Induction and professional standards manual.
- Develop effective relationships with key stakeholders
- Participate in internal and external audits as required
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive working knowledge of all in custody provision in HMP Kirkham.
- Engage with service users to promote the opportunities and expectations of release on licence/Post Sentence Supervision (PSS).
- Capture and collate service user feedback to inform service development.
- Contribute to relevant multi-agency safeguarding arrangements to assess, manage and reduce the risk of harm to others, children and self.
- Have the ability to form constructive and appropriate relationships
- Be able to motivate people to change, often in the face of setbacks
- Be required to demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate sound judgement, and an ability to resolve complex problems
- Have experience of working with service users
- Have the ability to be assertive when necessary and be resilient when faced with challenging behaviour and competing demands
- Be able to use a range of IT packages to keep records, make assessments and manage risk
The role of Cumbria & Lancashire CRC is to rehabilitate service users, reduce reoffending and protect the public and we are one of six CRCs operated by Sodexo Justice Services in the UK. We work with service users both in the community and in custody to deliver the sentence of the court, to rehabilitate them and to provide a range of programmes and interventions to turn their lives around. We deliver effective offender management and rehabilitation services to low and medium risk service users and our highly skilled staff work in a range of disciplines to make a real difference. Our aim is to create a better future for the people we work with – service users, victims and their families and local communities. We are proud to have strong relationships with other criminal justice agencies, local authorities, health trusts, employment and training providers, and work with contracted partners to enhance delivery to our service users.
We serve the counties from the 6 major towns: Preston, Accrington, Carlisle, Barrow, Blackpool, Workington. Cumbria & Lancashire CRC is an Equal Opportunities employer. All applicants are considered on the basis of suitability for the post, irrespective of race, gender, sexual orientation, disability, age or religion.