Private Healthcare Assistant
- Job Reference: 00023072-1
- Date Posted: 23 November 2021
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Barnes, London
- Salary: £12.00 to £16.00 Per Hour
- Sector: Healthcare & Medical
- Job Type: Permanent
We are looking for someone to help look after an elderly lady who has Parkinson’s disease.
The role involves responsibilities such as performing personal care, preparing food and drinks, helping the lady eat and drink, administering medications, chatting, supervising games and exercise, keeping her entertained, happy, safe and warm, maintaining her environment and equipment, and keeping appropriate detailed records.
Healthcare Assistant - Key Benefits
* Full-time permanent employment contract
* A highly competitive rate of £12 to £16 per hour
* Plus enhanced rates for bank holidays
* Plus pension contributions
* Plus 5.6 weeks of paid holiday per year
* Plus performance-related bonuses
* A highly organised and professional workplace
* Absolutely minimal risk of Covid-19 (explained further below)
Healthcare Assistant - Shifts
* Shifts are typically between 8 and 10 hours long
* Employees normally do around 4 shifts per week
The work will be primarily based at the lady’s elegant and historical home with a garden in Barnes - a lovely green area of South West London. This is a rare opportunity to develop your care and nursing skills and experience in a unique setting with a delightful patient.
Healthcare Assistant - Further Benefits
* Support for your ongoing Learning & Development, via workplace materials, online courses and highly-qualified colleagues. External in-person courses will resume post-pandemic.
* Payroll and pay slips
* DBS and training costs covered
* Pension scheme (optional)
Healthcare Assistant - Requirements
* Care skills developed in a care home, elderly hospital ward, care agency, GP surgery or any similar environments
* Compassionate, patient and warm nature, combined with strong care skills and knowledge
* Writing and communication ability
* Highly organised with a keen eye both for detail and the big picture
* Satisfactory references
* Able to complete an enhanced DBS check
* Have the right to work in the UK
Healthcare Assistant - Covid-19 Safe Workplace Statement
You will have a choice between undertaking 2-on-1 shifts or 1-on-1 shifts solely with the elderly lady if you would like to completely minimise your exposure to others. The patient and all her carers are taking maximum precautions to avoid the virus. Each member of the small team is from a shielding household to minimise any risk of Covid-19 for the elderly lady and for their colleagues.
Carers have a temperature check and take the Covid-19 rapid test at the beginning of every shift for further reassurance. In addition, each carer takes a PCR test once per week.
The team (plus their immediate family/partners) have been and remain fully isolated as a group (i.e. they form a "bubble"), avoiding all possible transmission risks.
All sensible hygiene precautions are being followed and full PPE is available. Due to all the measures (which are regularly monitored and enforced), this private home is a very safe workplace with low risk to all involved. Any new employees will be put through appropriate testing and transition to this work environment.
We hope to hear from you soon. Thank you