Printing Operatives – Ashbourne X2
|Job Title:||Printing Operatives – Ashbourne X2|
|Salary:||£16000 - £18000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Nikita Adkin|
|Job Published:||February 15, 2019 16:02|
Permanent placement £16,000 to £18,000 per year Full Time
Printing Operatives wanted for one of Derbyshire’s finest Printing distribution warehouses offering a permanent contract.
We are proud to be working in partnership with a company that are recognised worldwide and are having an incredibly busy year and are needing to add to their already brilliant existing team.
Why should you choose this role?
An extremely well-run company that values all of its employees, an established product line with long standing customer partnerships providing them with constant work.
A clean and tidy working environment with a lot of friendly faces around to help and support you in learning the ropes.
Free parking on site, with a location in close proximity to Airfield Industrial Estate, rotating shift patterning of 6am till 2pm and 2pm till 10pm. Potential to do overtime when needed.
If you have your own transport and access to your own vehicle great! Due to the location and shift start and finish times, you will need to have your own driving license and access to vehicle.
The Job Role
The main purpose of the role is to manufacture self-adhesive tapes and labels according to customer specification using a range of production equipment.
As a Printer / Press Operator your duties and responsibilities will be:
- Produce jobs according to exact customer specifications
- To ensure raw materials are available and of excellent quality in preparation for production
- To provide cover on other machines in the event of absences
- Housekeeping of working area and machinery, ensuring H&S standards are adhered to
- Maintain regular consistent and professional attendance, punctuality, personal appearance, and adherence to relevant H&S procedures
- Pursue personal development of skills and knowledge necessary for the effective performance of the role
- Adhere to procedures relating to the proper use and care of equipment and materials for which the role has responsibility
- Provide assistance in other areas of the business if required.
A lot of the role will be repetitive and you will be on your feet for the duration of the shift.
The Ideal Candidates
An ideal Printer / Press Operator will have the following skills and qualifications although not essential as training will be given:
- Experience using computers
- GCSE's in Maths and English Grades A*- C (Beneficial)
- Experience on Excel, Word and other Microsoft programmes
- Forklift Truck Licence (Beneficial)
- First Aid Qualified (Beneficial)
- Highly competent in safe working practices (Critical)
- Ability to distinguish colours
Shifts are 6am till 2pm, and 2pm till 10pm, on a rotating weekly shift pattern.
We anticipate a large response to this role so please use the apply button first, we will then be in touch to take your though the next steps.
If this is something you are looking for them please Click Apply today!
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's