Part Time Principal Mechanical Engineer Location:
Warrington or Bristol or Leicester or Newbury, UK - HybridCompensation:
Part Time Role ID:
At Babcock we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Principal Mechanical Engineer at our Warrington or Bristol or Leicester or Newbury sites on a Part Time basis.The role
As a Part Time Principal Mechanical Engineer, you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary. This role sits within our Cavendish Nuclear business, from decommissioning redundant nuclear facilities, through supporting the Continuous at Sea Deterrent, to supporting the operation and build of nuclear power plants, our role in Cavendish Nuclear is to clean up the nuclear legacy and create a world where nuclear plays a key contribution in protecting our nation, ensuring security of energy supply and meeting our net zero commitments.
Day to day, you could be creating cutting-edge designs, leading on project delivery or providing solutions to our many clients. At Babcock, we have a history of helping talent go far.
Our highly skilled team tackles major defence, decommissioning, new build and nuclear generation projects and has won over 78% of its latest tenders. Together, we're innovating to make nuclear safer, faster and cost-effective across the nuclear energy life cycle. We're also bringing the UK closer to Net Zero, through our work with Hinkley C, Sizewell C and X Energy. As Cavendish Nuclear continues to expand, so do the possibilities.Essential experience of the Principal Mechanical Engineer
Qualifications for the Principal Mechanical Engineer
- You are someone who owns and delivers, who champions high performance and is courageous to challenge the status quo.
- Knowledge of CAD tools and General Engineering Drawing Practice.
- Experience working in a highly regulated industry (Nuclear, Oil and Gas, Pharmaceutical etc)
- Ability to build strong and influential relationships with key stakeholders.
- Experience leading a team.
- Minimum HNC/HND in Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- Holds or has the ability to obtain Chartered status.
The successful candidate must be able to achieve SC security clearance level for this role.Our Benefits
- Generous holiday allowance
- Matched contribution pension scheme, with life assurance
- Employee share scheme
- Employee shopping savings portal
- Payment of Professional Fees
- Reservists in the armed forces receive 10 days special paid leave
- Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows the majority of employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
- 'Be Kind Day' enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity
For the full extensive Benefits package please visit our Careers pagesBabcock International
For over 130 years Babcock International have helped to defend nations, protect communities and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.#LI-POST
Nuclear Engineering, Mechanical Engineer, CAD, Drafting, CSR, Engineering, Management