Our Client is a well-established business that has been successful in the Defence and Security market since 1992. Their secure information exchange solutions have been deployed by more than twenty-five different nations around the globe and as part of the National Cyber Security Centre (NCSC) High Assurance community, they fully support the HMG mission to make the UK the safest place to conduct business online.
This success in the defence and security market has been built on their ability to build great technology and service solutions that not only address the customers' needs, but helps drive the organisations capabilities forward securely, whilst respecting the commercial and social requirements of today's world.
Looking forward, they are working to secure future enabling technology through expansion into the Autonomous Vehicles, Fintech, Blockchain, Cloud and Crypto Currency environments.
They hold several accreditations ISO9001 (Quality Management System), ISO27001 (Information Security) IIP Gold Standard and Cyber Essentials Plus. We are the British Standards Institute's reference enterprise for TickITplus, the software development extension to ISO9001.
So, as an SME, they are well respected in our industry, with agile capabilities that enable organisations and businesses to work securely, be that working direct, as lead Technology Architects or in partnerships that empower their customers to achieve their goals.
Main Purpose of Job
To provide security technology consulting services to customers in defence, security, and commercial sectors and the Principal Consultant may be engaged in a broad range of activities from helping a customer define and develop a solution to an immediate need to considering the strategic long-term exploitation of an emerging technology.
When working as part of a team the Principal Consultant will take a leading role, shaping the solution and providing a primary contact point with the customer. The principal consultant will ensure customer's needs are clearly articulated to the team as a whole and will take responsibility for smooth delivery of the project.
Whilst primarily concerned with project delivery the Principal Consultant will have a secondary role supporting business development and sales providing technical guidance into sales activity both for sales led by Our Client and working with partners or system integrators as part of a consortium.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Be the programme technical task lead in new and existing work in order to deliver high quality customer solutions.
- Use business, industry, and technical knowledge to elicit customer business requirements, and define technical requirements.
- Design and document solutions architectures using the SIXA ® architecture, where applicable.
- Maintain a good working knowledge of Our Client's intellectual property and product portfolio in order to manage the design and development of solutions to customer's business problems
- Work with accreditors to understand their concerns and develop suitable architectures and strategies to address these within the scope of a project.
- Deliver high quality input into bids and proposals and interface with the implementation / project teams, articulating the customer requirement and proposed solution to ensure a smooth transition from sales to delivery.
- Evangelise services, products, technologies, and expertise externally, and develop networking relationships with customers and industry contacts.
- Contribute market intelligence to shape product features required to maintain market worthiness of products including:
- Customer/business requirements and feedback on existing products.
- New technical developments/approaches within our markets.
- Identifying relevant standards and evaluations.
- Work with Product Leads to feedback on issues with current products and propositions, and provide input around new products and services.
- Contribute to the sales process providing technical leadership on pre-sales activity, and bids.
- Contribute to the production of sales and marketing collateral including technical white papers describing the product capabilities, deployments and discussing the implications of emerging technologies.
- Maintaining an awareness of a broad range of technologies and techniques that may be applied to projects and consulting engagements.
- Provide coaching and mentoring to junior team members to ensure they are better able to deliver products, solutions, and services that delight our customers.
Required Knowledge to be successful in this role
- Experience in programme technical leadership.
- Formal systems architecture and modelling experience.
- Strong written and spoken communications skills.
- Understanding and working knowledge of the defence / military arena.
- Knowledge of cloud-based systems.
- Awareness of project and programme management techniques and tools.
- Awareness of NCSC Guidance and Advice and its application.
- Awareness of MOD / NATO standards, approaches, and context.
- Either holding UK Security Clearance or willingness to undergo UK Security Clearances is key to this role.
The candidate should be able to demonstrate good working knowledge in the following areas:
Knowledge of Cybersecurity and privacy standards, frameworks, policies, regulations, legislations, certifications, and best practices
Knowledge of Information security and security controls
Knowledge of Cybersecurity tactics, techniques and procedures
Knowledge of latest NCSC Guidance
Knowledge of Latest cybersecurity trends
Knowledge of Legacy security techniques
Understanding and working knowledge of the defence / military arena
Knowledge of Cybersecurity risks and threats
Knowledge of Security technologies and solutions
Knowledge of Operating systems security
Knowledge of Computer networks security
Knowledge of Security controls
Knowledge of Cloud-based systems
- Team leadership or management experience.
- Technical Lead of innovation and MoD research projects, for example SERAPIS / ITA.
- Understanding of commercial markets.
- TOGAF® Certified.
- Awareness of the NIST Cybersecurity Framework and associated NIST publications.
The successful candidate will be expected to be able to obtain UK SC security clearance.
Please apply with CV, stating your earliest availability.