Primary Production Supervisor
- Job Reference: 00027865-1
- Date Posted: 18 November 2020
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Alva, Clackmannanshire
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Transport & Logistics, Covid-19
- Job Type: Permanent
Primary Production Supervisor
Location: Alva, Clackmannanshire - FK12 5DQ
Salary: £31,262-£33,825, DOE
Contract: Permanent, Full time
Hours/Shifts: Flexibility required - Rolling shifts start at 7am and finish at 7pm, shift pattern of 3 days on/ 3 days off, Monday - Friday (weekends are not worked).
You will work 15 shifts over each 6-week period, an average of 28.75 hours each week.
Please note, initial training period will be worked on standard day shift pattern (9am-5pm) Monday - Friday.
Omega Diagnostics Ltd. are a UK based healthcare company headquartered in Alva near Stirling in Scotland and founded in 1987. We employ approximately 140 staff between two sites in Alva and Littleport, Cambridgeshire.
We develop and manufacture a range of immunodiagnostic products. Our mission is to improve human health and well-being through innovative diagnostic tests and global partnerships. We are significantly expanding our existing manufacturing capacity on both UK sites for the production of Covid-19 tests.
To supervise the activities and resources (staff and equipment) to best meet the KPI’s relating to customer orders and on time delivery, while working in accordance with the company standards relating to Quality, Regulatory and H&S.
• Work with operations manager to plan manufacture against build targets including amending schedule to accommodate unexpected orders / batch failures.
• Ensure that product is delivered in good time in order to meet On Time In Full targets.
• Liaise with other departments and management to review targets and output.
• Regularly communicate timelines and risk factors to operations manager.
• CAPA: Take a lead in identifying reasons for batch failures and contribute to solutions.
• Motivate direct reports to achieve their potential through PDR’s, regular 1:1’s and structured training and development
• Assist in the recruitment and development of new staff.
• Ensure staff training is up to date and recorded.
• Carry out all duties and responsibilities to the company standard within the timescales agreed
• Maintain compliance with Health & Safety policies and procedures
• Maintain compliance with QMS policies and procedures
• Any other duties as required to effectively fulfil the responsibilities of the role
Knowledge. Skills & Experience:
• Life Science degree or equivalent or relevant experience
• 1 year in similar role in GMP Manufacturing environment, supervising small team, planning and scheduling
• CAPA (corrective action, preventative action) or similar
• Good knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of programs.
• Demonstrable ability to lead and motivate a team.
• Ability to prioritise effectively
• Ability to make decisions under pressure
• 3 years’ experience supervising a team of 10+
• Strong analytical, planning and problem solving
• Good knowledge of GMP and ISO-13485 regulatory requirements
• Experience in lean manufacturing techniques
• Self- starter with ability to work independently
• Contributes positively as part of the team
Personal Qualities & Core values:
• Eager and willing to add to their knowledge base and skills.
• Determination and persistence.
• Effective communicator
• Customer Focus: customer satisfaction is not a department, everyone is responsible; listening to customers drives improvement
• Accountability: ask "what more can I do?"; takes ownership
• Collaboration: actively support your colleagues; be clear in communication; celebrate success and have fun together
• Respect: treat others as we would wish to be treated; respect the environment we work and live in
• Honesty: aspire to be open and transparent; take pride in building trust between ourselves and others
Due to the volume of applications we are unable to respond to all applications. If you do not hear from us in four weeks please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.
If you feel you have the necessary skills and experience to be successful in this role click on "APPLY" today, forwarding an up to date copy of your CV for consideration in the first instance.
No agencies please