Primary Production Scientist
- Job Reference: 00019327-1
- Date Posted: 15 September 2020
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Alva, Clackmannanshire
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Healthcare & Medical, Science & Technology, Covid-19
- Job Type: Permanent
Primary Production Scientist
Location: Alva, Clackmannanshire - FK12 5DQ
Salary: £19,000-£22,000, DOE
Contract: Permanent, Full time
Hours: Flexibility required – Rolling shifts start at 7am and finish at 7pm, shift pattern of 3 days on/ 3 days off, Monday - Friday (weekends are not worked).
Please note, initial training period will be worked on standard day shift pattern (9am-5pm) Monday - Friday.
Omega Diagnostics Ltd. are a UK based healthcare company headquartered in Alva near Stirling in Scotland and founded in 1987. We employ approximately 140 staff between two sites in Alva and Littleport, Cambridgeshire.
We develop and manufacture a range of immunodiagnostic products. Our mission is to improve human health and well-being through innovative diagnostic tests and global partnerships. We are significantly expanding our existing manufacturing capacity on both UK sites for the production of Covid-19 tests.
To manufacture and test the reagents and components set out in departmental build plan in order to help meet KPI’s relating to quality and delivery.
To assist in the manufacture of Omega Diagnostic’s line of lateral flow tests (LFTs)
• Manufacture and test reagents and components according to an agreed production schedule.
• Analysis and evaluation of test data.
• Routine maintenance and use of machinery associated with technical manufacture.
• Test incoming materials to ensure that they meet agreed specifications.
• Follow and complete all documentation in line with the principles of cGMP and GDP.
• CAPA: Help identify reasons for batch failures and contribute to solutions.
• Assist when required, the transfer of new products and methods from R & D.
• Take part in PDR’s, regular 1:1’s and structured training and development
• Carry out all duties and responsibilities to the company standard within the timescales agreed
• Maintain compliance with Health & Safety policies and procedures
• Maintain compliance with QMS policies and procedures
• Perform any other reasonable duties?and?responsibilities as required
Knowledge & Skills & Experience:
• Life science diploma or relevant experience, Life science degree preferred
• Working knowledge of Excel, Word and Outlook.
• Able to work unsupervised and to a high degree accuracy.
• Follow written procedures accurately
• Excellent written and verbal communication
• Experience of working within a regulated environment.
• Working knowledge of lateral flow diagnostic tests.
Personal Qualities & Core values:
• Eager and willing to add to their knowledge base and skills.
• Determination and persistence
• Effective communicator
• Customer Focus: customer satisfaction is not a department, everyone is responsible; listening to customers drives improvement
• Accountability: ask “what more can I do?”; takes ownership
• Collaboration: actively support your colleagues; be clear in communication; celebrate success and have fun together
• Respect: treat others as we would wish to be treated; respect the environment we work and live in
• Honesty: aspire to be open and transparent; take pride in building trust between ourselves and others
Due to the volume of applications we are unable to respond to all applications. If you do not hear from us in four weeks please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.
If you feel you have the necessary skills and experience to be successful in this role click on “APPLY” today, forwarding an up to date copy of your CV for consideration in the first instance.
No agencies please