Primary Care Team Leader
|Job Title:||Primary Care Team Leader|
|Salary:||£39,305.21 per annum|
|Start Date:||2019-05-13 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Lucy Mellor|
|Job Published:||May 13, 2019 15:09|
HMP Forest Bank are currently recruiting for a Primary Care Team Leader to provide leadership and management to the nursing team to ensure to provide a high standard of patient care providing supervision and support.
HMP Forest Bank serves the courts of Greater Manchester and maintains strong links to the local community with a focus on resettlement. We aim to deliver quality of life services and support people to change their lives for the better.
Opportunities for learning and developing work-ready skills are on offer for all who come in to custody, but our commitment to reducing reoffending in local communities does not end at the prison gate. We support people released from custody through innovative partnerships in substance misuse services in Bury and Oldham, working with people to maintain recovery and lead law-abiding lives.
As well as the 16 residential units on site, there is a healthcare centre, gym, library, workshop complex, visits hall, chaplaincy and kitchen. The prison’s capacity stands at 1,460, holding adult men both on remand or sentenced and young prisoners between the ages of 18-21 years.
For more information on working in Justice within Sodexo please see Careers in JusticePackage description
£39,305.21 per annum dependent on experience plus benefits including free parking, free meals on duty, pension and shopping discounts.
37.5 hours per week - Shift pattern including weekends, nights
Interviews will take place week commencing 3rd June 2019Main responsibilities
- Attend local medicines management and clinical governance meetings as required.
- Conduct local clinical audits.
- Represent the Prison at external meetings if required.
- Investigate clinical incidents & complete lessons learned.
- Have input into the production of SOP’s and Policies.
- First line management of identified staff
- Work to improve service delivery targets and improve HJIP performance.
- Implement Local Operating procedures and compliance
- Perform Root Cause Analysis across sites and locally as requested
- Complete timely investigations when required
- Monitor staff performance and absences.
- Work clinically on shift in a lead role as part of the primary care team
- Provide day to day clinical support to registered nurses.
- Maintain fitness to practice for self and registered nurses in line with registration.
- Ensure clear & accurate records are maintained
- Provide clinical/managerial supervision to junior members of the team and provide guidance and support to staff
- Maintain a safe environment in line with violence reduction and safer custody strategy.
- Develop a communication structure, including regular staff meetings, to disseminate information from the healthcare manager/establishment to healthcare staff
- Establish, maintain and utilise information systems that will inform performance management.
- Participate in recruitment of staff within the organisation and for other organisations as required.
- Ensure that medical records are properly maintained and stored by managing clinical audits.
- First line investigate and manage extensive complaints in accordance with local policy
- Ensure effective communication is maintained with external partners.
- Contributing to corporate policies as required.
- Manage shift allocations and staff rota/annual leave
- Development of service which meets the populations needs and service demands.
- Support the head of healthcare in clinical decisions and management in the absence of the deputy head.
- Valid NMC registration (Adult Nursing)
- Excellent leadership skills
- Commitment to the delivery of high quality services
- Previous qualified experience as a registered general nurse
- Have a positive/excellent attendance record
- Experience of working in custodial environment.
- Mentorship/ ENB Qualification or working towards
- Clinical Supervisor
Sodexo Justice aims to change lives for the better by reducing reoffending and improving the quality of life for those under our supervision and in our care. We deliver safe, effective and innovative custodial and community rehabilitation services that challenge offending behaviour, protect the public and offer individuals the opportunity to change their lives for the better. We deliver the total operation of five prisons within the UK and own six Community Rehabilitation Companies in partnership with crime reduction charity Nacro.
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Healthcare Assistant - Primary Care
£22,266.25 per annum + £287.75 London weighting (recurring monthly)
Support Worker/ Care Assistant
£8.21 - £14 per hour
Registered General Nurse (RGN)
£34,196.34 per annum
Substance Misuse Nurse
£34,490.65 + LW £287.75 p/m + benefits
Afternoon Healthcare Assistant
£9.00 - £13.50 per hour, Benefits: Mileage & Travel time paid