Preceptorship Mental Health Nurse ( RMN )
- Job Reference: 00039889-1
- Date Posted: 20 February 2021
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Oldham, Manchester
- Salary: £31,395 to £33,638
- Sector: Healthcare & Medical, Science & Technology, Covid-19
- Job Type: Permanent
Preceptorship Registered Nurse ( RMN / RNLD ) - An exciting opportunity has arisen for a newly qualified / preceptorship RMN or RNLD ( Mental Health Nurse or Learning Disability Nurse ) to work within a very positive, friendly and supportive specialist mental health service for people who are deaf or have complex communication needs. The Hospital has an excellent reputation and a good CQC recent rating. The Hospital has a very positive and supportive work environment with a brilliant long-standing team. The culture of the hospital is very team orientated and the Managers have an open-door policy and are very approachable and respectful; everyone's contribution is valued.
Location: Oldham, Greater Manchester
Salary: £31,395 - £33,638 per annum ( up to £17.25 per hour ) - negotiable depending on your experience
Hours: Full Time and Part Time hours are available - you can choose depending on your preference
Shifts: Options of Days only or Nights only or Mixed shifts on a rotational basis - you can choose depending on your preference (12 hour shifts)
Hospital Details: This 20 bed culturally sensitive hospital has been created to provide support and rehabilitation with care and intervention from both deaf and hearing members of staff. The hospital is split as follows:
· 6 bed low secure unit
· 10 bed open rehab unit
· 4 one bedroom flats
The service offers programmes for men aged 18 and above who present with challenges and who require specialist care.
All staff are required to undergo British Sign Language Training (BSL). There isn't a requirement to know BSL ahead of joining the hospital, but you must be willing to learn it. Getting communication right is key from the start. Staff will use BSL, Makaton, translation, writing, visual and find the most appropriate communication equipment for that individual.
The Team: The Hospital has a full MDT (Multidisciplinary team) comprising of a Consultant, Psychiatrist, Psychologist, OT, Social Worker, Support and Administration Staff. The aim is to work as a close team providing a holistic range of assessments and treatments.
Preceptorship Programme: In the case of newly qualified nurses ( Mental Health Nurse or Learning Disability Nurse ) , the Hospital offers a fantastic preceptorship programme. They have a good number of experienced staff to support and mentor newly qualified nurses.
Training / Induction and opportunities for development and progression: The Hospital offers a structured and thorough 2 week induction programme, which will include various training courses. You will also have access to clear and structured development programmes where you can see clear pathways to progression within the hospital. You will also have access to training opportunities to develop and enhance your nursing skills. You will receive ongoing support from your Manager.
· Many benefits in line with the NHS
· A thorough induction programme
· A very strong talent development programme with a clear development structure
· Ongoing and regular training and support
· A fantastic preceptorship programme
· Working with a dedicated multidisciplinary team
· A variety of flexible working options
· Free on-site parking
· Enhanced maternity pay
· Free meals on shift
· Access to development opportunities including: Sponsorship of professional qualifications through our Individual Professional Development (IPD) panel & Leadership & management development
· Long service award
· Enhanced support with Return to Practice
· Support with your NMC PIN revalidation
· 33 days annual leave
· Birthday Holiday - Your Birthday as Aan extra days annual leave
· Mentoring and involvement in HCA / Support worker development
· CPD top up
For more information or to apply for the role please call Erin Giles on (phone number removed) or email a copy of your CV to (url removed)
You can also text me on (phone number removed) - this number is only for texting. If you do decide to text, please pop your name on there so I know it's from you.
Applications will be held in the strictest confidence.
Are you #readytowork #covid-19 #coronavirus