Portering Manager, Logistics (Healthcare)
|Job Title:||Portering Manager, Logistics (Healthcare)|
|Salary:||Up to £30,000 depending on experience|
|Start Date:||2019-02-28 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Katie Shaw|
|Job Published:||February 28, 2019 09:56|
We are currently looking to recruit an experienced Portering Manager to lead a high quality, timely, responsive, cost-effective and pro-active portering service at Hereford Hospital, meeting the needs of the wards and departments within the hospital.
In this role, you’ll oversee the delivery and logistics of the laundry and linen, portering, receipt and distribution, transport and waste disposal services ensuring that patients, materials and equipment are safely and appropriately transferred around the hospital to the standards required by the Client and Sodexo.
Sodexo Healthcare is a leading provider of services to the NHS and private healthcare organisations in England. We provide quality of life services that improve patient and staff experience, raise standards and deliver financial benefits to our clients. We help to enhance the patient environment (including patient dining, cleaning/housekeeping, retail services), provide clinical support (equipment sterilisation) and manage technical estates teams (estates management, asset management, land maintenance and energy management).Package description
As part of our commitment to improving the quality of life for our employees, Sodexo offers a Flexible Benefits Scheme, allowing you to tailor a reward package to suit your needs but includes a technology scheme, private dental insurance, travel insurance, gym membership, Gourmet card, private medical insurance and the ability to purchase or sell annual leave. We also have a Sodexo Discount scheme, which offers employees and their friends and family the opportunity to benefit from over 1,200 discounts from top retailers both online and in-store.
40 hours per week, flexibility is a must due to the nature of the business
In this role, you’ll be required to participate in the Management Rota (Weekend working required)Main responsibilities
- Deploy a team of employees, assessing workload schedules and allocating resource as required whilst prioritizing urgent request and remaining within labour budgets
- Take full responsibility for Health and Safety
- Control and issue all portering equipment and materials within budget limits
- Oversee the reporting of maintenance defects of portering equipment and materials, according to set procedures
- Assist in implementing portering policies to agreed standard
- Assist in the assessment of costs associated with any ad-hoc work requested ensuring an efficient and cost-effective service
- Undertake the completion of an appropriate quality audit system on a quarterly basis and compile an action plan
- Ensure safe practice to minimize the risks of infection to patients and staff in accordance with national and Trust policy
- Build and maintain effective relationships with staff, clients and other departmental supervisor
- Ensure high level of customer satisfaction are monitored, measured and managed
- Waste management qualification (WAMITAB or equivalent)
- Proven experience in the management of Logistics Services
- Articulate and confident communicator (both verbal and written), with the ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships
- Strong line management experience
- Proactive and pragmatic approach to issue resolution
- Flexible and adaptable approach to working within the changing needs of the business
- Proven leadership skills with the ability to engage and motivate team members
- Commitment to continuous improvement and service excellence
- Experience within the healthcare sector
- H&S qualification (IOSH or equivalent)
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to further engage ex-forces personnel and reservists. Those applying for roles with us who meet the essential criteria advertised under the ‘ideal candidate’ on the vacancy advertised are guaranteed to progress within the selection process.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's