|Salary||£22.51 per hour||Sector||Government & Public Sector|
Location: Harrow, HA1 2XY
Employer: Pertemps Recruitment for Harrow Council
Contract Type: Temp / Full time
A fantastic opportunity within Harrow Council for an enthusiastic and committed individual to join us as a Policy Officer. We are seeking self-driven and motivated individual to join us as a Policy Officer.
In return we pay a competitive rate of £22.51 per hour
other benefits include excellent training and support for career development and 21 days holiday (excluding Bank Holidays).
Experience and knowledge required is:
- Understanding of the purpose of the scrutiny function
- Expert knowledge of local government policy and performance environment
- Policy knowledge including: general policy affecting local government, equalities, voluntary sector, domestic violence, community safety and scrutiny.
- Expert knowledge of research methodologies
- Understanding of the Harrow community
- Managing effective working relationships in a political environment
- Working with councillors and senior managers
- Managing and conducting research projects
- Maintenance of ongoing policy expertise briefing materials for councillors/managers or similar
- Managing a committee work programme
Harrow Council is the 12th largest London borough by area and one of the most culturally diverse local authorities in the UK, making it a great place to live, work and visit. Located 10 miles from the city centre and just 13 minutes to Euston from Harrow & Wealdstone station there are great transport links via the Metropolitan Line, Watford DC Line and national rail service. It is easily accessible to the M1, M25 and A406.
Please send your cv at: firstname.lastname@example.org