Policy & Research Executive
|Job Title:||Policy & Research Executive|
|Salary:||£25000 - £27000 per annum|
|Start Date:||2019-02-19 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Lucy Oliver|
|Job Published:||February 19, 2019 17:39|
An established professional association based in the Centre of Bristol, not far from Temple Meads are looking for a Policy and Research Executive to join their team.
Our client offer brilliant benefits including; 27 days holiday + bank holidays. Parking will also be provided, near Cabot Circus so very central location. Option to buy holiday options and an excellent pension scheme which is 10 % employer - 6 % employee.
You will be working Monday - Friday 9am - 5.00pm and receive a salary circa £25k - £27,000 per annum (depending on experience).
The ideal candidate will be organised, confident with excellent communication and administration skills.
The Policy and Research Executive will be responsible for managing the Association's professional committees and special interest groups and supporting the policy and research team, therefore strong writing ability is essential.
- To act as Secretary for a suite of the Association's professional committees and special interest groups and manage all their administrative arrangements. Specific duties include:
o scheduling meetings
o making administrative and hospitality arrangements for meetings
o drafting agendas
o preparing, compiling and dispatching papers
o taking the minutes at meetings
o updating the committee pages on the website
o following up actions within agreed timeframes.
- Organise the central repositories of all minutes, papers and governance documents for the professional committees and special interest groups, ensuring these are kept in good order
- Maintain up-to-date committee membership lists and monitor meeting attendance. Assist committee chairs in recruiting new members or representatives onto the committees as necessary.
- Disseminate information about the committees' activities to the wider community
- Ensure that the benefit the committees provide is communicated effectively and encourage member engagement.
- Provide support for any events specifically relating to one of the professional committees or special interest groups including programme writing, speaker arrangements and liaising with the events team before and on the day.
- Support the Policy and Research Director with the planning, co-ordination and promotion of
the Association's policy and research activities.
- Support the policy and research team with activities such as organising and analysing surveys, co-ordinating consultation responses and undertaking research.
- Managing the annual commercial awards programme.
- Any other duties as required
This role will suit you if you:
- If you have previous experience and interests in developing and maintain networks
- Good writing ability - and previous experience of writing as part of a role
- Have a proven ability to work on your own initiative
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office and database software
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the confidence to communicate effectively across all levels
- Able to work effectively with minimal supervision
If interested the please hit apply or send your CV to email@example.com
We will endeavour to be in touch as soon as possible. If you're not successful on this occasion we will keep your CV on file and be in touch when other suitable positions become available.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's