PMO Leader - Wolverhampton, West Midlands County
|Job Title:||PMO Leader - Wolverhampton, West Midlands County|
|Location:||Wolverhampton, West Midlands County|
|Start Date:||2019-07-17 00:00:00.0|
|Contact Name:||Stewart Hastie|
|Job Published:||July 31, 2019 10:41|
A great opportunity for a talented Project Management Office (PMO) Leader to join us at a fundamental time in our transformation programme.
We are a strong and successful organisation, with over 50 years of expertise, that’s in great shape, enjoying a widespread reputation for constantly innovating and pushing back the boundaries to ensure we deliver on our social purpose.
We're looking to build on this success and grow the business by creating a platform to challenge and simplify existing operations for the benefit of customers and staff alike, whilst removing any barriers there are to making their services even better…and this is just the beginning.
We are looking for a PMO lead with proven experience of operating within a large business transformation programme to join us on a 12 month fixed term contract covering maternity leave.
You will play a lead role in this exciting journey of business transformation and apply your expertise to help ensure ‘best practise’ is a mantra that’s firmly embedded as a way of life. You will work across the full transformation programme and your role will involve:
- Managing the PMO team, to ensure colleagues thrive in their roles and support our service areas and work streams to meet the programme’s milestones
- Ensuring programme information is reported and escalated so risks and issues that could potentially impact on programme delivery are known
- Developing and produce a wide range of reports that articulate programme status, performance and delivery against pre-defined plans and lessons learnt
- Managing dependencies between work streams and projects across the programme, ensuring each dependencies is logged and monitored
- Responsibility for ensuring programme governance compliance
- Working alongside senior colleagues to plan the next stage of programme, ensuring the expected deliverables are clear and approved by the programme board
- Managing, coordinating and tracking the programme’s budget and ensuring budget holders have visibility to their spend
As an accomplished PMO Lead you must have:
- Substantial project office experience gained within a large scale transformation programme, supported by excellent planning, priority setting and reporting skills
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills, with the ability to influence colleagues within both the programme and wider business
- A real drive for results and the ability to work in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Team leadership experience with a focus on people development
- Play an active role in programme governance at all levels
In return, you can look forward to gaining experience in what we believe is a fantastic business, able to offer the type of scope and exposure that very few transformation programmes can match.
Closing date for applications 29th July.
This is an exciting time to join Bromford; Glassdoor has named us as a top 5 best place to work in the UK for 2019 and we’ve merged with Merlin Housing and Severn Vale to create a new Bromford, meaning even more new homes, opportunities and relationships. We’ve set aside a joint investment of £1.5b as we plan to build 14,000 new homes over the next decade.
Our colleagues tell us they really value the benefits we offer, see the full list here.
Bromford Housing Group is committed to recruiting with care and safeguarding employees and customers, as a result we will carry out pre-employment checks. The nature of these checks will vary according to the role applied for, and may include details of current/previous employment, unspent criminal convictions, education and proof of relevant qualifications. We will also be asking for references for everyone who is offered employment with us which must cover the last two years. In addition to this, all employees will be asked for evidence of their right to live and work in the UK - further information is available on the UK Government website.
We do not require recruitment agency support at this time - all speculative CV’s will be treated as a direct application.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Microsoft D365 Security Analyst - Wolverhampton, West Midlands County
Wolverhampton, West Midlands County
Competitive Day Rate
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
£35000 - £50000 per annum
Senior Electrical Design Engineer
£35000 - £55000 per annum
Site Manager - New Build Construction
£50000 - £60000 per annum
Fire and Security Engineer