PLC Software Engineer
- Job Reference: 00013559-1
- Date Posted: 18 September 2020
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Orton Waterville, Cambridgeshire
- Salary: £40,000 to £45,000
- Sector: Engineering, Covid-19
- Job Type: Permanent
PLC / SCADA Software Engineer – Cambridgeshire – Permanent - £40-45k – Opportunity to Travel – System Integrator
Samuel Frank Associates require an experienced PLC / SCADA Software Engineer with Allen Bradley / Rockwell experience to join a very well-established system integrator in the Cambridgeshire area. The client has a mix of UK and international clients, so the position will give the successful applicant an opportunity to travel around the world when commissioning (and when travel restrictions allow).
Key aspects of the PLC / SCADA Software Engineer opportunity include -
* The successful PLC / SCADA Software Engineer will be able to write Allen Bradley / Rockwell PLC code from a Functional Design Specification to a very high standard.
* Knowledge of SCADA systems and HMIs – ideally InTouch and or FactoryTalk View
* Knowledge of a major CAD vendor would also help, ideally EPLAN or AutoCAD.
* The key to this PLC Software Engineer position is a high level of experience writing PLC code using Rockwell PLCs
* Your background will ideally include some experience in food & beverage, FMCG, materials handling, conveyor systems or control systems for high speed production.
The client has provided an idea of what could be involved in terms of site based work. They predict a split of 60-70% office based to 30-40% site based depending on the demands of what needs to be delivered (and when the COVID-19 travel restrictions are reduced). As a gauge the role could involve 3-5 trips per year ranging from 1-4 weeks.
The client offers an attractive salary range for the right calibre of PLC / SCADA Software Engineer coupled with the opportunity to work on some systems involved in manufacturing truly global brands. If you’d like to find out more then please send your CV today for immediate consideration.
The client is based within commutable distance from Leicester, Cambridge, Peterborough, Northampton, Huntingdon, Grantham and Kettering