Platform Services Engineer (Infrastructure)
- Job Reference: 00027893-1
- Date Posted: 19 November 2020
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Luton, Bedfordshire
- Salary: £45,000 to £55,000
- Sector: I.T. & Communications, Covid-19
- Job Type: Permanent
Our client is a leading organisation which is continuing to undergo growth and transformation having not been adversely impacted by Covid-19 and has made over 50 hires since the outbreak.
As part of their growth they are looking to hire a new member for their Platform Services Team responsible for the ongoing development and management of their internal IT Infrastructure, hosting and online ecommerce platforms. The successful candidate will use their technical knowledge and management skills to design and implement new solutions ensuring continuous improvement to both on-premise infrastructure and new Microsoft Azure cloud infrastructure.
* Continually develop and maintain an expert understanding of systems /services and their interaction with the business
* Build and support both the on-premise and cloud infrastructure, including eCommerce applications and supporting systems
* Research and evaluate new technologies to increase the performance and security of the IT Infrastructure
* Work closely with the security team to deliver and maintain secure solutions
* Troubleshoot and resolve issues with occur within the Infrastructure as required
* Monitor, support and maintain the infrastructure in accordance with the Major Incident and Problem Management processes with a focus on driving down repeat tickets.
* Comply with all applicable UK and Ireland Data Protection and ePrivacy legislation and report non-compliances where identified to the Data Protection team.
* Familiar in working in/managing a DevOps culture
* Strong understanding of ITIL
* Experience of cloud technologies – Ideally the Microsoft Azure stack
* Experienced in incident management and escalation processes
* Relevant Industry certification and/or demonstrable industry experience
* Most have worked on large infrastructure projects and solution engineering, not just provided BAU Infrastructure support.
* Strong knowledge of the following technologies:
* Windows Server 2012+
* Microsoft SCCM / Intune / Autopilot
* Cisco Meraki / Cisco firewalls
* Office 365
* Azure / Azure DevOps / AWS
* Hosting technologies – CDNs, Load Balancers and WAFs
* Infrastructure-as-code and experience with CI/CD Pipelines
Please note due to the current restriction posed by Covid-19 all interviews will be online and the position will be remote until such time it is safe to assume office working again.
Salary: £45,000 - £55,000 per annum
Benefits: Annual Bonus (~15% payout) Annual Share Allocation, Share Save Scheme, Private Medical Insurance, 25 days holiday, 35 hour working week, product discounts & More!
Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire (Remote)