|Salary||£75000 - £85000 per annum||Sector||IT & Telecoms|
As a Platform Architect, you will own the definition, governance and roadmap for the Commercial and Customer areas of Thames Water. You will be the expert for the evolution of systems and platforms across all business areas, understanding and evangelising the relationship with the enterprise as a whole and the business capabilities enabled in the Commercial and Customer areas – focussed on Billing and CRM.
As a Platform Architect, you will be the overall end to end solution owner of the applications, systems and platform that comprise the Commercial and Customer areas and manage the technical relationship with suppliers. You will work across multiple programmes and projects providing technical leadership within scrum and waterfall based projects to ensure business change is delivered in a coordinated and efficient way with the successful delivery of technology.
Critical to the role is the capability to show you can lead technical teams in the solution design of key business requirements and strong business leadership in ensuring COTS based products are kept to standard.
SAP expertise (C4C & Billing) in a complex integrated multi-channel landscape is essential.
As Platform Architect, your responsibilities will include:
Technology Strategy & Roadmap
- Responsibility for defining the Technology Roadmap and Reference Architectures for the Commercial and Customer areas that underpin and deliver the overall Technology Strategy.
- Identifying opportunities and driving the reduction of TCO across the Commercial and Customer areas.
- Defining and governing capacity and financial forecasts across the domain for Base Case initiatives to ensure long term financial planning aligns with the technology roadmaps.
- Informing and influencing technical decisions made at governance boards and design authorities.
- Performing Architecture Impact Assessments for technology within the domain, to help size and shape ideas and initiatives and an early stage.
- Ensuring roadmaps provide at least N-1, or specified levels of software versions across the domain.
- Assuring throughout the project delivery lifecycle that individual solutions are fit for purpose in their application of technology and align with the overall strategy.
- Contributing to the definition of Architecture Principles and Policies.
- Defining Standards and Patterns applicable to the domain.
- Expert for the evolution of systems and platforms within the domain.
- Understanding the business, operational and technical context for the Commercial and Customer areas.
- Managing the architectural relationship with domain suppliers and provide guidance on the technical direction for the domain.
- Attending Service Reviews.
- Providing points of view on specific topics.
- Demonstrating thought leadership on specific topics and promote knowledge sharing across the architecture community.
- Collaborating with other Platform Architects to ensure the overall integrity of domain roadmaps.
- Understanding industry best practice and engage with strategic partners to align capabilities and influence product roadmaps.
- Mentoring and supporting other members of the CTO organisation and the wider architecture community.
- Preferred Educated to degree level
- Significant experience as a Technical, Product, Solution Architect or System Design Authority
- Strong knowledge of architecture methodologies, principles and frameworks, ideally TOGAF
- Strong CRM (SAP C4C) and ERP knowledge
- Preferred previous experience within the utility industry or large, complex enterprises
- Practical experience of defining technology domain roadmaps
- Experience in working with 3rd party delivery partners
- Has excellent interpersonal skills and is fully experienced at dealing with stakeholders. Proficient and effective communicator.
- Experience of different IT delivery approaches (waterfall, agile, lean…)
Our competitive salary and package include a competitive bonus (up to 20%), car allowance, private healthcare, an excellent contributory pension and 26 days holiday. There is also a wider benefits scheme which includes an annual pay review, season ticket loans and loyalty awards for continuous service plus discounts at a wide range of retailers via Benefits on Taps.
We’re proud to be here for our local community, offering all of our teams two days paid volunteer leave a year, as well as proudly supporting a lot of local events and charities.