About the client
Our very successful SME client are recruiting for plant mechanics across depots in central Scotland including Edinburgh, Glasgow, Kilmarnock and Falkirk. Our client provide & maintain heavy plant vehicles & equipment. They have a strong reputation in the industry for the amount of and quality of their training and development for staff. This is a family owned and run business that has been operating for more than 50 years. Our client operate across the UK with the HQ in Scotland.
About the role
The plant mechanic role is a Monday - Friday role. As a plant mechanic (fitter), your duties will include:
- To diagnose faults and repair/maintain a variety of plant in the fleet including compressors, mini- excavators, dumpers, small tools etc, both on and off site
- Check and tag all equipment and update service records
- Maintain an up to date knowledge of products and full range of accessories
- Completion of all test certificates and associated paperwork
- Abide by customer Health & Safety rules when on site
- Keep workshop and vehicle (where provided) organised, clean and tidy and assist with general workshop duties as and when required.
To be successful in in your application for this plant mechanic (fitter) role, you should have a mechanical educational background. Ideally, you will have some familiarity working with machinery and heavy tools. Experience working specifically with plant equipment would be advantageous. A driving license is also desirable.
Alongside basic salary, this role also comes with a bonus scheme, which is normally paid out twice a year. Our client were also one of few to offer it's staff above inflation pay rises this year. Our client also places a lot of resource into training and development of staff. They will always try to promote people internally before looking outside of the business where possible.
For more information, click apply now to send your CV into us. Alternatively, you can contact us for more information.