Job Title: Planning & Scheduling Lead
Location: Bristol, UK - Hybrid - working from home options availableCompensation: £46,589- £56,906
Role Type: Full time
Role ID: SF 44560
At Babcock we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Planning & Scheduling Lead at our Bristol site.The role
As a Planning & Scheduling Lead, you'll be reporting in to the PEDS Programme Manager you'll assist with the Planning & Engineering Design Services (PEDS) Contract. The Planning & Scheduling Lead role is based within our Submarine Support Engineering business area.
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence Company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training.
Day to day, you'll will be responsible for applying project controls competencies independently primarily in complex situations across P3M and lead on project controls support across schedule management, budgeting & cost control, risk & opportunity management, requirements management, change management and document management.Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
Essential experience of the Planning & Scheduling Lead,
- Develop/implement and maintain the Project Baseline Budgets including Control Account Plans/Responsibility Assignment Matrix and WBS Dictionary (SOW)
- Develop/baseline and maintain the Project integrated schedule (Level 1-3)
- Develop and maintain Project Risk & Opportunity registers and manage the mitigation actions
- Implementation of change management process on the project and assurance of alignment with the business/contractual requirements
- Provision of weekly and monthly performance reports and associated analysis/narrative
- Extensive recent and relevant experience in a similar environment / business sector
- Awareness of various contracting methodologies (e.g. FIDIC/NEC3/NEC4/JCT etc.
- Application of project control toolsets including demonstrable experience and knowledge of project performance analysis and reporting variance analyses SV/CV, trend analysis, change control management.
- Knowledge and experience in the use of commercially available Enterprise Project Controls systems
- Full project lifecycle experience from bid phase through to close out.
- Worked on multiple projects of varying products and services and across a number of lifecycle phases.
This role requires regular travel to Bristol on a weekly basis alongside remote working arrangements and access to any Babcock Hub.Qualifications for the Planning & Scheduling Lead,Academic
- Ideally a bachelor's degree in engineering/project/construction management or a related field
- A postgraduate qualification is also desirable, as is membership in a professional body
- Having a professional qualification (e.g. APM/ACostE/RICS or equivalent) would be advantageous
- Mandatory (or agreement to attain in 12 months)
- APM Project Management Fundamentals (PFQ)
- APM Project Planning & Controls - Foundation
- Earned Value Management Certification - Foundation
- Project Controls Technician - Level 3
- APM Project Risk Management Certification - Level 1
- Project Risk Management Course
The successful candidate must be able to achieve SC security clearance level for this role.Our Benefits
- Generous holiday allowance
- Matched contribution pension scheme, with life assurance
- Employee share scheme
- Employee shopping savings portal
- Payment of Professional Fees
- Reservists in the armed forces receive 10 days special paid leave
- Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows the majority of employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
- 'Be Kind Day' enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity
For the full extensive Benefits package please visit our Careers pagesBabcock International
For over 130 years Babcock International have helped to defend nations, protect communities and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
Nuclear Engineering, Document Management, Change Management, CSR, Project Manager, Engineering, Technology, Management