Planning and Materials Manager
|Job Title:||Planning and Materials Manager|
|Salary:||£35000 - £50000 per annum|
|Start Date:||2019-03-15 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Jordan Smith|
|Job Published:||February 15, 2019 11:28|
Salary £35,000 - £50,000
Full Time - Cambridgeshire
Our client currently has a vacancy for a Planning and Materials Manager, the site is an operational facility comprising of a manufacturing plant, warehousing and administration.
The Planning and Materials Manager is accountable for the supply chain activities on the site. The position is a key interface between Commercial and Manufacturing activities and will lead the teams to deliver the strategy in relation to production planning, warehousing, distribution and inventory management and control.
Reporting to the European Supply Chain Manager, you will be responsible for the delivery of site objectives and reporting performance against regional and site key performance indicators, following up on deviations and driving successful operations. This role is also a member of the site leadership team and therefore requires ability to work collaboratively at a leadership level and to manage teams efficiently and effectively.
Consistent delivery against EHS and process safety considerations are priority; working towards a culture of zero harm.
Sales and Operational Plan
- Manage S&OP at site level, engaging and influencing site leadership team to positive effect.
- Collect, analyse, anticipate and manage issues within the Planning and Materials Management team or with site key stakeholders and collaborate effectively between central demand planning and the site.
- Provide relevant and structured information to the operational teams to ensure visibility and to support achievement of targets, critically centred around OTIF, OPE and scheduled adherence.
Production Planning, Warehousing, Distribution and Inventory Management
- Understand, lead and manage working processes for production planning, warehouse and distribution and inventory management responsibilities at a site level.
- Align and optimise according to constraints and strategic orientations.
Accountable for areas including:
- Production planning.
- Warehouse organisation and performance (Raw materials, intermediate and finished goods planning and handling).
- Service to production and customer response.
- Inventory management.
- Regional distribution centre and distribution/transport management. (Inbound and outbound)
Projects and Standardisation
- Collaborate effectively across site and regionally with the PMO to define, model, test and implement all supply chain related projects at site or at regional level.
- Participate actively to optimise data standardisation and measurement between functions and sites.
Core skills, knowledge, and experience required:
- Masters degree in Business or Supply Chain related field, or equivalent experience.
- Commercial acumen and proven work experience in S&OP and materials handling.
- Fluent in English (French and German language is advantageous).
- APICS or equivalent experience is required.
- Experience in Production Planning, Demand Planning, S&OP, Warehousing and Distribution.
- Knowledge of supply chain management and warehousing and distribution strategies.
- Proven inventory management and financial management skills.
- Analytical – Data and metrics and results driven.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Experience of lean manufacturing tools and techniques.
- Project management and process oriented.
- Excellent IT skills including Microsoft Excel, SAP and database maintenance.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to lead and develop capability through others.
- Willingness to travel.
It is a great time to join our progressive business as we continuously strive to improve our efficiency, effectiveness and deliver our customer promises.
Our client is offering a competitive salary and benefits package, including a defined contribution pension scheme, private healthcare and a non-contractual Incentive Compensation Scheme.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's