|Salary||£45000 - £50000 per annum||Sector||Miscellaneous|
Up to £50k
Due to growth and significant external investment this Derby based manufacturing business are seeking a Planning & Logistics Manager to support the ongoing development and improvement of the business. The purpose of the role is to ensure that all bought in materials and internally assembled or cut materials are available and at the correct quality standards for production needs. You will be managing the flow of materials being orderd from the supply chain, logistics into site and the following line feeding of materials to production against the production plan. You will be managing the Master Production Schedule and the process of planning production schedules and ensuring all materials and labour are available, on time and at the correct quality with all activities being managed through the site MRP/ERP SAP based system. This is a role that will see you predominantly managing processes, information and people.
Key content within the role includes:
• Ensure all elements of production are scheduled to maximum capacity/capability including machines, module assembly and sub assembly.
• Ensure outgoing deliveries are scheduled in an efficient manner and achieve total customer satisfaction.
• Schedule activities in relation to the delivery of raw materials to meet production schedules and manage material flow across the site.
• Control the factory and sites stock including finished goods, ensuring an efficient stock rotation and adherence to the stock profile.
• Key member of the site management team, working together to drive the site's performance to agreed KPI targets
• Labour cost per area.
• Adherence to plan.
• Weekly quantity produced KPI.
• Adherence to stock profile.
• Materials adherence to stock profile.
• Material consumption
• Machine efficiency.
• Stock control and stock management of materials.
• Management of Production Planning
Key Role Objectives
• Ensure all man power and machinery resources are utilised in an efficient manner and meet the factory's delivery performance, financial targets and other KPI's.
• Set departmental and individual targets for operators to ensure weekly KPI's are achieved including Logistics and FLT drivers.
• Lead period end stock takes ensuring they are completed accurately, efficiently and in a timely manner.
• Plan and Manage the manufacture of Pre-Flight materials.
• Ensure raw materials are ordered and planned for delivery in a timely fashion to ensure production schedules are met.
• Ensure any material to be cut on site is done so to ensure production schedules are met.
• Manage the Master Production Schedule in line with the companies order and delivery profile.
• Monitor and control the quality of incoming materials.
• Ensure all relevant material certificates/documentation is managed in line with company processes
• Monitor staffing levels and overtime to ensure site targets are achieved within budget.
• Ensure regular communications with all employees are maintained in line with the company and operation functional strategy
• Collate and analyses performance metrics, submit factory and Group reports.
• Undertake any reasonable management requests
• Applicants must be able to demonstrate extensive experience/management in supply chain, logistics or distribution within a highly demanding sector
• Experience working within manufacturing is preferred and is a distinct advantage
• Knowledge of SAP or similar ERP/MRP systems would be advantageous
• Strong working knowledge of Lean Tools such as 5s, Kanban and Kaizen
• Demonstrable ability to lead and manage staff across the structure
• Excellent analytical, problem solving and organisational skills
If you would like more information on this vacancy or would like to apply please click the apply now button to submit your CV to Philip Bloomer of Procurement People.