PIP Disability Assessor
- Job Reference: 00039510-1
- Date Posted: 18 February 2021
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Wigan, Manchester
- Salary: £32,000 to £34,000
- Sector: Healthcare & Medical, Science & Technology, Covid-19
- Job Type: Permanent
Role: PIP Disability Assessor
#Due to the Covid-19 current crisis - the role is home-based
Salary: £32,000 - £34,000 + benefits
Company: Independent Assessment Services
Clinical Staff groups:
• NMC Registered Nurses (RGN, RMN or RNLD)
• HCPC Registered Physiotherapist
• HCPC Registered Occupational Therapist (OT)
• HCPC Registered Paramedic
Government legislation requires the Individual to have at least two years’ post qualification work experience.
Monday to Friday, Convenient Office Hours - No Weekends, nights or shifts + all Bank Holidays off.
Part-Time roles also available
Why should you apply:
• Using your Clinical expertise in a new way whilst enjoying a great work-life balance with great benefits
• Growing your medical knowledge in a friendly team environment
• Knowledge gained will be applied to the decision of the Personal Independence Payment (PIP) benefit
• A large investment is made in you as an employee, especially during the professional and excelling training academy you will complete, to become an accredited Disability Analyst
• Within the first 3 months you will earn over 140 hours of CPD, along with this professional development being crucial throughout to keep Clinicians at the top of their game!
* Conducting thorough and consultative verbal assessments with people who are living with a long term health condition and/or disabilities.
* Once accredited, following training you will work in the community conducting home visits as well as in the local assessment centres.
* Ensuring that your part in the assessment process is positive, dignified and professional.
* Produce excellent written reports on the conditions presented to help the Department for Work and Pensions to make an informed decision around an individual's entitlement to the benefit.
· 25 days' annual leave, with the option to buy and sell up to 10 days.
· Pension scheme, matching up to 10% of your contributions.
· Life assurance, private medical insurance and medical indemnity insurance
· Reimbursement of your annual NMC/HCPC registration fee
· Health screening every two years, after one year's service
· Thorough in-house and professional training and development, covering well over the required CPD hours to revalidate and maintain your professional registration.
· All flexible benefits can be tailored to your requirement and lifestyle: travel or dental insurance, childcare vouchers, cycle to work scheme and more.
For further information and a full Job Description please call Maxine on (phone number removed) or alternatively apply now