Pet Claims Assessor
- Job Reference: 00036767-1
- Date Posted: 30 January 2021
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Kings Hill, Kent
- Salary: £18,500 to £19,500
- Sector: Covid-19
- Job Type: Permanent
Pet Claims Assessor
9am – 5pm
Our client, a well-known insurance provider is currently experiencing a large growth period and is seeking a team of Pet Claims Assessors to meet their current business needs. You will be at the forefront of their business, responsible for delivering world class customer service by supporting customers and their pets in their time of need.
It’s a perfect opportunity for someone with a Veterinary Nursing qualification (or who is working towards it) that is looking to work more sociable hours, whilst still utilising their skills and experience in the veterinary field.
It’s also ideal for someone with experience handling claims that would like to combine their passion for animal care and customer service.
What would you be responsible for in this role?
* Assessing new and continuation claims, by reviewing all claim documentation supplied by a policyholder and relevant third parties.
* Collecting accurate information and necessary documents to proceed with a claim.
* Guiding policyholder on how to proceed with the claim and keeping them informed at all times, both verbally and in writing.
* Ensuring prompt and accurate payment of valid claims.
* Assisting policyholders with general queries and insurance issues.
* Writing clear and accurate non-standard letters, where claim circumstances require it.
* Identifying potentially fraudulent claims and following agreed process for referral.
* Complete other activity over and above those listed in the role profile, appropriate to your skills and experience.
What would we like to see in you?
* Experience of working within a Veterinary Surgery/a detailed knowledge of animal care OR at least one year’s experience of handling Pet Insurance claims
* Able to build strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions
* First class interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate with a wide range of people, both verbally and written
* Able to listen and show empathy to customers during what can be a difficult time, and use initiative to provide solutions
* Able to prioritise workloads and meet targets and deadlines
* Able to build partnerships and work collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
* Computer literate and able to work on multiple computer systems, ensuring all information is accurate and up to date
* Respect for customer and business confidentiality
What’s on offer?
* 36.25 working hours per week with flexitime
* Annual pay review + performance related bonus
* 25 days holiday + bank holidays
* Continued professional development through internal training, professional qualifications and apprenticeships
* Lots of fun activities, initiatives and celebrations such as; awards nights, Christmas parties, team lunches, quiz nights
* A supportive leadership team and one to one time with your manager each month to discuss your personal development, what you’ve achieved and any support you might be needing
* Lots of support for your mental wellbeing through our Company Minds programme, who provide Mental Health First Aiders and an Employee Assistance Programme where employees can access additional support such as counselling
* One volunteering day a year to support a charity close to your heart
* Excellent staff pension scheme
* Health benefits such as free eye tests, flu jabs and the option to opt into private medical insurance
* Additional benefits such as discounted gym memberships, cycle to work schemes and discounts at lots of retailers
They have a fantastic Learning & Development team who will fill any knowledge gaps you have and a leadership team who will support and empower you to continue to learn and grow throughout your career.
This role is full time however should you have strong experience of the above then part time may be considered.
Please note, due to Covid-19, our client currently plans to deliver the training virtually so successful candidates will need to be comfortable learning remotely (kit provided) You may also be required to work remotely once training is completed, but will need to be in commutable distance to the office.
Interpersonnel are operating as an Employment Agency for our client for this particular role. By applying you give consent for your data to be handled and processed under GDPR Legislation for the purpose of your current employment search.
We are pleased to receive a significant number of applications for most roles advertised. We are therefore unable to respond to individual applicants unless shortlisted. If you have not been contacted within four weeks of the closing date you should assume you have not been shortlisted on this occasion.
Interpersonnel is an equal opportunities employer. Our all current vacancies are on our website