|Salary||£12.14 per hour||Sector||Government & Public Sector|
This involves a wide range of tasks within the College, and interfacing with staff at all levels within the College. The postholder will also be expected to interact with PAs and Executive Officers in others areas of the University. Many of the tasks involved may be of a sensitive and confidential nature and the postholder will be expected to exercise judgement and diplomacy.
Support for the College Director of Operations
The PA will support the Director by providing comprehensive, high quality administrative and PA support to include diary management, monitoring correspondence, projects assistance, travel arrangement, records management, and supporting College governance.
Undertake diary management and meeting planning.
To effectively manage the diary of the Director by:
• Prioritising and allocating time for meetings and appointments using own discretion and judgement
• Think ahead to anticipate problems and, as necessary, prepare various solutions to ensure best use of the Director's time
• Be aware of a range of deadlines that the Director is required to work to and assist the Director with diary management to achieve these aims
• For external appointments, proactive contact is required to ensure that all arrangements have been agreed and manage and organise all aspects of any travel arrangements.
Support meetings by providing all administrative activities such as organising meetings, preparing agendas, formatting and editing papers, taking minutes and following up on actions, holding members of the team to account on delivering on these.
Provide administrative and project support for the Director, which will typically include:
• Researching information, gathering updates on projects, and liaising with others extensively to ensure progress.
• Organising high level meetings/events, both within the College and in external venues. This includes identifying suitable venues and all event management activities to ensure the event is successful.
Undertake analytical and research activities to inform and aid decision making.
Support the administration of managerial duties, including preparing induction plans, packs and organising onboarding, and overseeing the leavers process.
Maintain high profile working relationships with key stakeholders, fielding enquiries and ensuring that appropriate information is disseminated to stakeholders as appropriate.
Administer and oversee certain College Hub budgets, including sourcing and ordering items, monitoring expenditure and preparing reports as required.
Records Management: To assist the Director in establishing and maintaining information systems, e.g. staff development records for all College professional services staff
Internal communications: To be responsible for the coordination, preparation and circulation of the 2-weekly College Bulletin to support effective internal communication in the College to c 700 staff. This will include reviewing the effectiveness of the Bulletin as a means of disseminating information across the College and recommending action in response to such reviews.
Deputising for the College Administration Manage and Executive Support for the PVC/Head of College during periods of absence in order to ensure effective professional support for the PVC/Head of College is maintained at all times.
Supports equality and values diversity, moderates own behaviour to avoid unfair discriminatory impact or bias on others.
Experience & Skills Required
• Educated to A Level standard, with a minimum of grade C in Mathematics and English at GCSE or equivalent.
Substantial experience in undertaking PA duties in a similar role to a senior member of staff.
• High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
• Good IT skills with working knowledge of standard Microsoft Office software and the ability to earn to use new IT packages.
• Good communication skills
• Experience of committee servicing, including drafting agendas, taking and preparing minutes
• Good knowledge of all relevant administrative processes associated with the role.
• Knowledge and understanding of policies, procedures and processes.
• Good understanding of the activities of the College.
• Excellent time management skills
• Understands the importance of equality and diversity in the workplace
• Ability to identify and respond to equality and diversity issues in line with relevant policies and procedures
If you are available to work immediately please appl