|Salary||£11.31 per hour||Sector||Government & Public Sector|
Monday to Friday
Basic Disclosure required
Main Duties of the role:
- Support the staff member to move around the office, opening doors and calling lifts.
- Support the STAFF MEMBER to carry out office duties such as filing, collect printing, photocopying and shredding documents, preparing packs for events and preparing mailshots to members.
- Ensure meeting rooms are accessible and where necessary move furniture and create space.
- Collect lunch and drinks for the STAFF MEMBER.
- Support the STAFF MEMBER to transfer from his wheelchair to a desk chair.
- Attend events and external meetings with the STAFF MEMBER and provide support during travel and at the events and meeting.
- Proof read the STAFF MEMBER's written work make changes where agreed.
- Take notes for the STAFF MEMBER during meetings, events and phone calls.
- Transcribe notes and task lists from a Dictaphone (training provided).
- Support the STAFF MEMBER to note information on the work plan following meetings and calls.
- Support the STAFF MEMBER to prepare for meetings, calls and events, including assisting with technology where appropriate.
- Support the STAFF MEMBER to plan his day and be ready for appointments.
- Provide any other support to the STAFF MEMBER to enable him to fulfil his duties
No personal care is required
" This post may include some travel
We are looking for someone that can support our STAFF MEMBER with confidence and will anticipate his needs, ensuring he can contribute to the work of Social Work Scotland with ease.
The post holder will have the following attributes:
- A sensitive and confident person, with the ability to provide support in a respectful and dignified way.
- An excellent level of written English, able to proof read work and take appropriate notes.
- An ability to work closely with one person, building a rapport while ensuring professionalism at all times.
- A proactive worker who will, after time, learn to anticipate the needs of the STAFF MEMBER and require less direction, being able to provide appropriate support discretely and sensitively.
- An adaptable, respectful and proactive personality.
- An ability to work as part of a wider team and an interest in the work and values of Social Work Scotland.
Please apply online.