|Salary||£40000 - £45000 per annum||Sector||Executive and Management, Engineering|
Activities will include the monitoring of operational processes against set performance and expenditure targets, quality standards and statutory requirements. You will work closely with technicians in the team to drive a culture of performance, continuous improvement and engagement into which behavioural safety is embedded.
To manage the team to achieve agreed objectives and provide strong leadership aligned with Thames Waters’ values.
You will be responsible for the smooth operation of our Sewage Treatment Works at East Hyde and the surrounding area, ensuring compliance is managed.
To ensure that a culture of behavioural safety is embedded and that the health, safety and wellbeing of employees and other affected persons are top priority.
To be responsible for the financial performance of the area, understanding how the area is performing relative to budget and ensuring that costs are controller and efficiencies are identified and implemented.
To be successful you will have the following skills and experience:
- Previous experience managing operational staff with a proven track record of engaging and developing their team; ideally with field-based members.
- Able to demonstrate a strong focus on continuous improvement.
- You will be used to taking the lead and achieving results ideally within a similar industry.
- Possess significant process management experience and knowledge with strong skills in operations, engineering, and finance.
- Strong understanding regards health and safety legislation.
- You will have experience managing the operational budget, with good financial management skills and strong commercial acumen, with excellent organisational and risk management skills.
- Ideally, your technical knowledge of electrical and mechanical principals will be underpinned by a background in wastewater.
- You will need to be competent in using IT equipment/systems and be able to interpret complex excel spreadsheets.
- You will be required to complete NEBOSH if you do not already have it.
- Due to the nature of this role, a full valid driving licence is needed.
This is an exciting opportunity to really make a difference in one or our most critical roles within Waste Treatment, as a Thames Water front line performance manager.
You will be responsible for the day-to-day operations and improvements of the sites in your area through the effective leadership and direction of resources.
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, 26 days holiday per year increasing to 30 with length of service and a wider benefits scheme. This includes an annual pay review, season ticket loans, voucher scheme giving you money off in major retail outlets, loyalty awards for continuous service plus much more, including our refer-a-friend bonus, where you can receive up to £1,000 for helping someone get a permanent position within the company.
We’re also proud to be here for our local community, offering all of our teams two days paid volunteer leave a year, as well as proudly supporting a lot of local events and charities.
Thames Water is the UK’s largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to millions of customers by supplying 2.7 billion litres of world-class water to around 10 million homes.
As our world changes, the need to take care of our most precious resource is greater than ever, both locally and globally. That’s why, at Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open. We’re passionate about providing world-class tap water, now and for the future.
We’re also turning poo into power, self-generating 20% of the energy we use and, in turn, doing our bit for the planet. We’re reducing plastic waste by celebrating our tap water and rolling out an ambitious water fountain project. We’re using our voice to lobby for change and partnering with WaterAid to provide clean water to the world’s poorest communities.
Together, we’re building a better future for our customers, our region and our planet.
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding and diverse place to work. If you join our team, you’ll enjoy fast-tracked career opportunities, flexible working arrangements and unparalleled benefits. We’re also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader, welcoming individuals from all walks of life and leading the way with an award-winning mental health and wellbeing strategy.