|Salary||£25000 - £30000 per annum||Sector||Recruitment & HR|
The Main Purpose of the Role
To ensure all allocated payrolls are processed in an accurate and timely manner, in accordance service level agreements and specifications, whilst providing a specialist payroll support service and maximising efficiency and productivity .
• Process correct and timely salary payments across all allocated weekly and/or monthly payrolls, in accordance with service level agreements and specifications, following correct processes and agreed authorisation levels.
• Provide a specialist payroll support and advice service, including understanding the impact of events and actions on payslips and the ability to provide comprehensive and detailed payslip explanations.
• Ensure compliance with legislation in respect of processing of all payments to employees, as well as income tax, National Insurance, pensions and National Minimum Wage/National Living Wage.
The Critical Activities of the Role
• Processing of new starters, leavers, personal and job amendments, company sick pay and any other third party/ad-hoc payments and deductions where required.
• Attend regular team meetings/huddles in order to maintain an acceptable standard of service delivery.
• Ensure client payrolls are reconciled accurately and timely following set checks and balances, and management reporting is in line with client requirements.
• Generation and reconciliation of payments when required, including TT, BACS and cheque if applicable.
• Validate any exception and/or error reports for reasonableness.
• To understand the various client pension schemes and the impact of calculations on payslips, including Workplace Pensions Auto-Enrolment legislation and processes.
• Manage the appropriate approval levels, with supporting evidence, and to ensure sign off is made before BACS payments are arranged for submission.
• House-keeping data storage and paperwork, in line with customer requirements, General Data Protection Regulations and internal audit/business controls.
• Processing and validation of all tax and National Insurance documentation, in accordance with local legislation, including P6, P9, P45 and New Starter Declarations.
• Apply and validate statutory payments and processes, in line with legislative framework, including SSP, SMP, SPP, SAP, ShPP, Student Loans, Court Orders, Local Authority deductions and NMW/NLW.
• Carry out any other required administrative duties connected with the efficient delivery of payroll, including filing and scanning.
• Minimum of two years' payroll experience, preferably in a multi-payroll environment and processing high volume, weekly payrolls.
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, with a clear personal commitment to meeting end user requirements in order to deliver a high quality service.
• Highly analytical and attentive, with the ability to solve problems.
• Professional outlook and personality, with excellent customer service skills and the ability to operate under pressurised situations.
• Flexible outlook and approach to workload and working hours, to accommodate fast moving payrolls and projects and ever evolving processes and changes to legislation.
• Ability to plan, prioritise and organise progress of payrolls, effectively scheduling work to fit in with deadlines, in order to maximise productivity.
• Prior working knowledge of Northgate PS Enterprise payroll software.
• Processing of Real Time Information, including electronic return of Full Payment Submissions (FPS) and Employer Payment Summary (EPS).
• Experience of working with robust and methodical payroll processes.
• CIPP (or similar) payroll qualification.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products (particularly Word and Excel) to a reasonable standard.