|Job Title:||Payroll Manager|
|Salary:||£50000 - £60000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Charlie Liggins|
|Job Published:||July 01, 2019 10:35|
You will be supporting a small team, responsible for delivering accurate, timely and compliant payrolls to their European population, owning critical day-to-day operations, analytical and compliance activities. This role has operational responsibility for designated payrolls, and it also leads exploration of opportunities to achieve efficiencies, including system capabilities and assist with Corporate led payroll projects.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Line management of the Payroll team, currently one UK based employee and a reduced working hours French-based employee
• Full life-cycle processing of European payrolls (currently UK, France, Netherlands, Ireland, Spain), from data collation, input, reconciliations to payment of tax and social security contributions.
• Liaise closely with the in country HR teams to ensure data is received in line with established payroll formats and deadlines
• With the payroll team, be the primary point of contact for general employee queries in relation to designated payrolls
• Processing payroll benefits in kind, prepare P11Ds and other country equivalents, where there is still a requirement
• Partner with internationally assigned employee to ensure their in-country statutory levies compliance, for example but not limited to income tax equalisation
• Prepare payroll data in readiness for internal and external audits for all geographies
• Maintain and updating departmental payroll procedures per geography
• Lead payroll/HRIS related projects within the region, partnering with the wider HR community where required
• Work to continuously improve and streamline our payroll processes without compromising accuracy
• Responsible for ensuring that the company is compliant with all relevant statutory obligations and corporate procedures relating to payroll processing; identifying any issues of concern and escalating appropriately
• Undertake any other duties and tasks that may be reasonably requested, in a timely and efficient manner
What you need to be great at this role:
• Strong international payroll knowledge with responsibility for multiple countries in Europe, including the UK and France
• Excellent business English and French languages, both spoken and written, to a level that complete issues are completely understood and can be addressed
• Knowledge of withholding tax, related tax filings, tax policy and employment regulations as they relate to reporting, in countries where the company operates
• Advanced Excel skills to be able to create and apply relevant principals to support required payroll reporting
• Payroll project management experience, for example, post-acquisition standardisation, payroll vendor changes
• Excellent attention to detail to ensure accuracy of Payroll payments at all times
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you're passionate about this position or are keen to hear more please click on "apply" above as soon as possible.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's