|Job Title:||Payroll Assistant|
|Salary:||£10.33 per hour|
|Start Date:||2019-05-29 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Anamaria Colceriu|
|Job Published:||May 29, 2019 12:26|
- The accurate update of payroll related information to the council's HR/Payroll systems including, but not limited to, processing of new starts, leavers and changes, timesheets, and student loan deductions.
- Calculating and process sickness and maternity/paternity/adoption payments.
- Processing and reconciliation of pay runs, reviewing exception reports, checking integrity of figures and process any non BACS payments.
- Update of statutory information received from HMRC, DWP, Lothian Pension Fund and Scottish Public Sector Pension Authority.
- Calculation of payroll advances and adjustments.
- Work with spreadsheets and other software and reporting tools.
- Investigating and resolving under/overpayments in line with council policy.
- Prepare pension documentation as required by both the local government and teachers pension schemes.
- Dealing with enquiries from councillors, employees and statutory bodies. Complete enquiry forms for relevant agencies within agreed timescales.
- Record and process verbal/email enquiries from the HR/Payroll helpline on a rotated basis, referring to appropriate officer as required,
- Participate as required in developmental projects to review and implement service delivery improvements.
Qualifications, Skills, Knowledge:
- Educated to higher level or equivalent.
- Knowledge of payroll processes and statutory regulations.
- Knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet applications
- Tact, diplomacy and discretion in handling confidential and sensitive information.
- Understanding of the Data Protection Act
- Conversant with Inland Revenue and DSS regulations.
- Good PC and keyboard skills.
- Previous experience of working in payroll or finance checking area
- Experience of using HR/Payroll data base CHRIS21
- Experience of local authority/public sector payroll
Other Essential Information
- As the unit is small, there will be a requirement for the post holder to be flexible between the payroll input and control functions.
Please apply online.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's