|Salary||£9.75 - £10.96 per hour||Sector||Call Centre & Customer Service|
- The accurate update of payroll related information to the council's HR/Payroll systems including, but not limited to, processing of new starts, leavers and changes, timesheets, and student loan deductions.
- Calculating and process sickness and maternity/paternity/adoption payments.
- Processing and reconciliation of pay runs, reviewing exception reports, checking integrity of figures and process any non BACS payments.
- Update of statutory information received from HMRC, DWP
- Calculation of payroll advances and adjustments.
- Work with spreadsheets and other software and reporting tools.
- Investigating and resolving under/overpayments in line with council policy.
- Complete enquiry forms for relevant agencies within agreed timescales.
- Record and process verbal/email enquiries from the HR/Payroll helpline on a rotated basis, referring to appropriate officer as required,
- Educated to higher level or equivalent.
- Knowledge of payroll processes and statutory regulations.
- Knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet applications
- Tact, diplomacy and discretion in handling confidential and sensitive information.
- Understanding of the Data Protection Act
- Conversant with Inland Revenue and DSS regulations.
- Good PC and keyboard skills.