|Job Title:||Payroll administrator|
|Salary:||£18500 per annum|
|Start Date:||2019-02-18 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Rebecca Taylor|
|Job Published:||February 18, 2019 13:41|
Pertemps Recruitment Partnership have been helping people find the right jobs and helping employers find the right people since 1961.
The reason we have been so successful is simple: we make sure we know our business inside out. Our commitment has allowed us to build an impressive client list; from major organisations to small business' who trust us to find them the very best people.
This is a great opportunity for a diligent, highly motivated and committed individual to support us on one of our biggest contracts.
To provide support for any number of temporary and permanent workers on contractor and branch databases through availability for queries and processing of an accurate weekly payroll to ensure that they receive their salaries on time
- Produce an accurate weekly payroll of timesheets to a strict deadline to ensure that workers registered and working through Pertemps get paid for the work that they have done.
- Carry out essential administration of information about work done by temporary workers so that accurate information goes into producing the payroll.
- Ensure that all workers receive professional treatment from Pertemps through personal attention to their details.
- Respond to queries on personnel policies and procedures, and assist with the resolution of payroll queries.
- Answer client enquiries through informed knowledge of client contracts to facilitate relationship building between Pertemps and their clients.
Skills, knowledge, experience:
- Customer service orientation and a willingness to focus on their needs and concerns.
- Commitment to meeting targets and completion of work to deadline.
- Can plan and organise to meet strict deadlines (taking into account forthcoming work) and is able to build in contingencies (essential).
- Ability to remain calm and work effectively in the face of interruption and difficult or uncertain situations.
- Concern for accuracy and attention to detail with consistent adherence to procedure and quality.
- Systematic approach to effective management and prioritisation of tasks.
- Willing co-operation and active relationship building with workers and team members.
- Ability to sustain efforts and persevere with tedious or pressurised tasks to get the job done.
- Excellent telephone manner: tone, inflection, open questions, summarising accurately.
- Excellent Customer service/client relationship building.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills (essential).
- Efficient message handling.
- Self-motivated (essential).
- Ability to deal with situations sensitively and maintain confidentiality and discretion at all times (essential).
- Education to GCSE standard or similar (desirable).
- Must have or be able to quickly acquire a good working knowledge of Pertemps Managed Services policies and procedures. (e.g. Attendance at Work and Health, Safety policies) (essential).
- An intermediate working knowledge of MS Word - a good understanding of how to format or edit documents to a high standard of presentation (essential).
- An intermediate working knowledge of MS Excel - can produce accurate spreadsheets and manipulate data using basic calculations (essential).
- A basic knowledge of MS PowerPoint - can produce clear and simple presentation slides (desirable).
- Experience of an administrative function in a high volume service environment (desirable).
- Experience of meeting deadlines and targets (essential).
- Experience of accurate data input and/or payroll specific (essential).
- Experience of using Personnel and Payroll systems including SAP or similar systems (desirable).
- The role of Payroll Administrator is a permanent role to start as soon as possible.
- Annual starting salary: £18,500.
- This is a full time role, Monday - Friday 37.50 hours per week.
If you are highly organised, have the ability to work under pressure and the role sounds like your next career step, then click the apply button to send your CV.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's