|Job Title:||Payroll Administrator|
|Salary:||£20000.00 - £23000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Coral Jenkins|
|Job Published:||December 20, 2018 16:35|
The successful candidate will be part of a team that administers payroll for the UK employees (both monthly and weekly). Salary for this position is £20,000 to £23,000 pa.
Responsibilities are as follows:
- Processing all incoming payroll impacting information and transactions e.g. new starters, leavers, absence, statutory leave and pay, tax codes and NI category changes.
- Processing and reconciling all fixed pay instructions e.g. basic salary changes, pay uplifts etc.
- Processing all weekly and / or monthly variable pay instructions from sites e.g. bonuses, shift allowances, overtime etc.
- Loading of interface files from SAP HR, investigating, resolving and logging all issues and rejections to prevent re-occurrence and improve the process.
- Producing and submitting all BACS any other external or 3rd party payment files.
- Producing and submitting all HMRC RTI and auto enrolement pension files.
- Producing and delivering high quality payroll output files to customers that comprise payslips, reports KPI's etc. relating to their respective payrolls.
- Preparing journals for submission to finance along with any other information required to ensure accurate financial statements.
- Dealing with correspondence to employees, sites and external parties e.g. over-payment recovery letters, Benefits Agency / Child support requests for information, financial references etc.
- Ensuring all required controls are correctly operated and all required evidence is produced and retained, resulting in a robust and secure payroll process.
Experience and aptitude:
- A minimum of 12 months payroll experience.
- Experience of balancing the needs and priorities of both weekly and monthly payrolls.
- Experience of running payrolls for multiple sites across multiple geographical locations (within the UK at least) - this would be very desirable.
- A strong understanding of, and passion for, delivering excellent customer service.
Excellent attention to detail is essential, but must be accompanied by an appreciation of the big picture.
- Experience of Microsoft office (Outlook, Excel, word etc).
- Analytical thinking and problem solving skills will be required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential.
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's