Patient Dining Manager (Catering)
|Job Title:||Patient Dining Manager (Catering)|
|Salary:||£30,000 - £35,000 depending on experience|
|Start Date:||2019-07-10 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Lucy Nicholls|
|Job Published:||July 10, 2019 14:46|
Sodexo Healthcare are currently looking to recruit an experienced Patient Dining Manager to oversee and develop a customer focussed patient catering service provided to our site in Greater London.
You’ll ensure that the patient catering service is delivered to the contractual agreement in an efficient and effective manner, within budgetary constraints and in compliance with all relevant legislation and Company Policy.
Sodexo Healthcare is a leading provider of services to the NHS and private healthcare organisations in England. We provide quality of life services that improve patient and staff experience, raise standards and deliver financial benefits to our clients. We help to enhance the patient environment (including patient dining, cleaning/housekeeping, retail services), provide clinical support (equipment sterilisation) and manage technical estates teams (estates management, asset management, land maintenance and energy management).Package description
As part of our commitment to improving the quality of life for our employees, Sodexo offers a Flexible Benefits Scheme, allowing you to tailor a reward package to suit your needs but includes a technology scheme, private dental insurance, travel insurance, gym membership, Gourmet card, private medical insurance and the ability to purchase or sell annual leave. We also have a Sodexo Discount scheme, which offers employees and their friends and family the opportunity to benefit from over 1,200 discounts from top retailers both online and in-store.
40 hours per week, flexibility is a must due to the nature of the business. Normal working hours Monday – Friday, with additional hours as business dictatesMain responsibilities
- Managing a team of Patient Dining employees, assessing workload schedules and allocating resource as required
- Develop and manage efficiency programmes to reduce costs and increase productivity ensuring that KRONOS is fully functional to the business
- Ensure all staff maintain and deliver a quality service according to set work schedules and procedures
- Responsible for liaising with dietary specialists to further enhance the patient dining offer
- Responsible for the ordering of stock as required following Company procedures through nominated suppliers approved by Sodexo
- Responsible for compliance on food and H&S legislation, ensuring effective communications with the local EHO and taking all necessary actions within area of responsibility
- establish and maintain satisfactory relationships with individuals at all levels within the Company and the Client organisation
- Responsible for visual audits and ensuring maintenance takes place of all equipment associated with all aspects of the cleaning services
- Champion the CARES programme to ensure all staff are committed to delivering high levels of customer service at all times communicated
- Proven experience of leading a team within a comparable service environment
- Proven experience of managing to budget requirements within a Catering service
- Ability to communicate effectively with patients, visitors, colleagues, clients
- Ability to work independently, flexibly and professionally – dealing with stressful and changeable situations
- Experience of delivering relevant training, using company guidelines
- Financial awareness and understanding
- Understanding of relevant Health and Safety, Employment and other legislative requirements
- Strong attention to detail and adherence to standards
- Proven IT skills, ability to demonstrate working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Ability to deal with stressful situations with a flexible approach to the role
- Analyse problems analytically, develop opportunities and implement innovative solutions
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to further engage ex-forces personnel and reservists. Those applying for roles with us who meet the essential criteria advertised under the ‘ideal candidate’ on the vacancy advertised are guaranteed to progress within the selection process.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's